Home

TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required)

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #25
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I know you're working a ton on the newest version but had a quick thought.

What about adding a data input tab to the front that copies the info over to the appropriate tabs? I just did my cuts in preseason week 4 and my first round of progression. What I noticed is that for the OL/DL/LB (maybe others?) tabs, I have all of the positions included in each (so LT includes ALL OL positions, for example). So when I make a cut, I need to make sure that reflects in each of the 5 tabs for OL. Likewise for progression. It would be great to just delete/modify them in a single spot and then have it carry over to the tabs.

I'll play around with it a bit myself but thought I'd throw the idea out. Lovin' this tool!
Ideally this is what I've always wanted to do. Write a macro that would automatically populate all tabs with correct positions at the touch of a button. I'm pretty sure I could figure it out by googling and reading but that exceeds my excel knowledge as of now lol. Everything I know is totally self taught and while some of the stuff I make might seem like I know what I'm doing a lot is trial and error. BUt I do want this feature in eventually. As for now what I do with the OL/DL/LB/S positions is sort by player name for all tabs involved(ex. all OL positions), adjust players on one tab(ex LT), and then copy and paste just the ratings. Cumbersome but as efficient as it gets right now. If you're like me and have your CB on the S tab (also TE/FB, etc) and vice versa that's the only one you can't do this method with because the attributes are in a different order. So manual it is there.

With all that I'm going to keep working on it and anybody who would like to pitch in or offer tips I'm all for. Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 03:14 PM   #26
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

So I've been testing a macro to take all information from one tab(let's call it your Roster Tab) and it would populate all you position tabs for you. This means when you progress your players you could just change the value on the new Roster tab, repopulate, and everything is updated. While time consuming I can even have it automatically put TE on the FB tab and vice versa while making sure all attributes go in the correct spot even if they are out of order on the Roster tab.

So here is my real question. What positions should be populated in other positions? I want to make this as user friendly and adaptable as possible so I don't want to leave anyone out who runs different schemes then myself. As of now these are my thoughts:

QB - QB
HB - FB
FB - TE
WR - TE
TE - FB
OL - LT, LG, C, RG, RT
DE - DT
DT - DE
OLB - MLB
MLB - OLB
CB - FS, SS
FS - CB, SS
SS - CB, FS

As you may have guessed I run a 3-4 so any thoughts would be welcome.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:15 PM   #27
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
So I've been testing a macro to take all information from one tab(let's call it your Roster Tab) and it would populate all you position tabs for you. This means when you progress your players you could just change the value on the new Roster tab, repopulate, and everything is updated. While time consuming I can even have it automatically put TE on the FB tab and vice versa while making sure all attributes go in the correct spot even if they are out of order on the Roster tab.

So here is my real question. What positions should be populated in other positions? I want to make this as user friendly and adaptable as possible so I don't want to leave anyone out who runs different schemes then myself. As of now these are my thoughts:

QB - QB
HB - FB
FB - TE
WR - TE
TE - FB
OL - LT, LG, C, RG, RT

DE - DT
DT - DE
OLB - MLB
MLB - OLB
CB - FS, SS
FS - CB, SS
SS - CB, FS

As you may have guessed I run a 3-4 so any thoughts would be welcome.
So far I've finished the bold above for the auto populate function of my workbook. It's moving along much easier/quicker then I thought it would. I actually think this method will work quite well for the gameplan feature I plan on putting in too. Just wanted to keep you guys updated.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:15 PM   #28
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

v1.3 is up in the OP. Some key features:

-One Roster tab where you will in all data on all your players (still grouped by position or position group).

-Macro written to take players from Roster tab and populate the Position Specific Depth Chart tabs including positions that can play other positions (ex TE/FB, DE/DT, etc)

-Macro written to add 1 to players ages to simplify aging your players each offseason.

-Macro written to subtract 1 from players ages just in case you mess up with the add 1 button. Essentially an undo button.

-Plenty of room to add players on the Roster tab for each position.

One note is the DC column will get overridden to whatever shows in the Roster tab when you populate. There was nothing I could do about that.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:29 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nice update.

Might want to consider adding OLB to DE for 4-3 guys.

Are you able to add lines to the roster tab without botching up the macros?
Old 12-14-2016, 01:42 AM   #30
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouk58
Nice update.

Might want to consider adding OLB to DE for 4-3 guys.

Are you able to add lines to the roster tab without botching up the macros?
Yes I agree with olb-de. I will add that for the next update. No you can't add any lines on the roster tab without jacking up the macro. I was hoping I left enough lines for each position since it's only that specific position that needs to go in. Is there one in particular that seems light?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #31
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quick Update

Sorry to say I haven't started on the gameplan scouting yet. I feel like that is a pretty big deal and would take this to v2.0 but I need to iron out a few things before I can get there. This includes:

-Fixing a few bugs. Last release I noticed a couple minor issues. These include:
-FBs Agi would not import in HB tab.
-Couple formulas gave back a "blank" instead of "0.00" for empty rows causing issues with sorting.
-One of the S tabs was missing a "sort" button on the potential ovr column.

With everything I did really not that much so that's good. They've already been fixed (I just haven't uploaded yet because they don't kill anything).

-Complete rework of my ratings formula. I will break this down much better later but basically I decided to really put some heavy weights on certain attributes this season in my cfm (instead of a more balanced approach) and needless to say my formula didn't play well with it. This new approach will work much better. It still has to have some balance (if you put 100% on RBK for oline) it would skew things.

-Implementing a macro button on the roster tab for 3-4 defense and 4-3 defense. So for 3-4 it will put DT/DE together on their tabs (like I currently have) and 4-3 would put DE/OLB together on their tabs. Also put in a sorting function on the roster tab. All this should be quick work because I would just have to alter a few lines of code in the macro. At least I hope lol.

The ratings rework is time consuming but I'll knock it out as quick as possible. Once done with this I think I will have everything in place to work on the gameplan scouting feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 11:14 PM   #32
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Been away for awhile and just downloaded version 1.3 of your chart. Doing great work my man. Had been using v1.0 Copied my lineup over from 1 to 1.3 no problem. Only thing I'm confused about is the DC column. Not sure how that's supposed to work with multi-position charts. ie. OL, DL & LBs.

Do you put Starter in the column and then how does the numbering go with the rest of the position? I was looking at the data you had already in there and it wasn't real clear.

Thanks for the clarification. Lovin your work.

T

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.

Last edited by YeOldTonk; 12-19-2016 at 11:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »