Home

TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required)

This is a discussion on TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #33
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 CFM Roster/Depth Chart Tool(Excel required)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Been away for awhile and just downloaded version 1.3 of your chart. Doing great work my man. Had been using v1.0 Copied my lineup over from 1 to 1.3 no problem. Only thing I'm confused about is the DC column. Not sure how that's supposed to work with multi-position charts. ie. OL, DL & LBs.

Do you put Starter in the column and then how does the numbering go with the rest of the position? I was looking at the data you had already in there and it wasn't real clear.

Thanks for the clarification. Lovin your work.

T
Start just means he starts at another position already. So using OL as an example since all the OL are put in each position group I didn't want to have the same guy at the top of the chart every time. So if I'm in the LG tab by putting start by say my starting LT and sorting by the DC column it puts him at the bottom. I use the numbers to set depth chart rank. That's all. You can use whatever you want there or leave it blank. That's just how I do it.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:04 PM   #34
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Quick Update

Sorry to say I haven't started on the gameplan scouting yet. I feel like that is a pretty big deal and would take this to v2.0 but I need to iron out a few things before I can get there. This includes:

-Fixing a few bugs. Last release I noticed a couple minor issues. These include:
-FBs Agi would not import in HB tab.
-Couple formulas gave back a "blank" instead of "0.00" for empty rows causing issues with sorting.
-One of the S tabs was missing a "sort" button on the potential ovr column.

With everything I did really not that much so that's good. They've already been fixed (I just haven't uploaded yet because they don't kill anything).

-Complete rework of my ratings formula. I will break this down much better later but basically I decided to really put some heavy weights on certain attributes this season in my cfm (instead of a more balanced approach) and needless to say my formula didn't play well with it. This new approach will work much better. It still has to have some balance (if you put 100% on RBK for oline) it would skew things.

-Implementing a macro button on the roster tab for 3-4 defense and 4-3 defense. So for 3-4 it will put DT/DE together on their tabs (like I currently have) and 4-3 would put DE/OLB together on their tabs. Also put in a sorting function on the roster tab. All this should be quick work because I would just have to alter a few lines of code in the macro. At least I hope lol.

The ratings rework is time consuming but I'll knock it out as quick as possible. Once done with this I think I will have everything in place to work on the gameplan scouting feature.
Not sure how many of you guys actually use this tool but man I'm feeling really good about the new stuff I've put in. The ratings rework has been awesome and I think you guys will like this approach much better. Also reworked how the ratings are highlighted in the position depth charts based on certain criteria. I gave it a bit of a new look as well.

I'm done with:

-ratings rework
-ratings highlight rework
-sort ability in Roster tab

Just gotta knock out the Marco for 3-4 and 4-3 teams and I'll be ready to release. Should be out soon. Maybe even tonight. Thanks again guys for trying this out and giving me ideas.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:10 AM   #35
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

v1.4 is up. All details are in the OP. I'm proud of this one. Hope you guys enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #36
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
v1.4 is up. All details are in the OP. I'm proud of this one. Hope you guys enjoy.
I have v1.4 downloaded and everything worked great inputting my offense, but I am not able to select or input DE/DT/LB on the Roster tab. I am able to input CB and S though.

Clicking in either of the 3 position groups does nothing and if I arrow down from OL it skips them and goes straight to CB.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:34 PM   #37
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
I have v1.4 downloaded and everything worked great inputting my offense, but I am not able to select or input DE/DT/LB on the Roster tab. I am able to input CB and S though.

Clicking in either of the 3 position groups does nothing and if I arrow down from OL it skips them and goes straight to CB.
Yes I just noticed this. Easy fix. Just unprotected the tab. Select the part inside each position group (where you input player data). Right click, format cells, and under protection make sure Locked is unchecked. Then protect tab again. I'm not by my PC right now but I'll upload a fixed copy later. In the mean time that's the fix.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2016, 02:27 PM   #38
Rookie

TDawg, could you use the formula below to calculate the Adjusted Rating to avoid having to use VLookup?

Adjusted Rating = (MaddenRating - OldLowRating)/(OldRange)*(NewRange) + NewLowRating
Old 03-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #39
Rookie

Is there a way to add additional tabs that populate with the macro?

I am thinking things like WR2 WR3 and such. I personally am looking for different style of play from different positions.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:39 PM   #40
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

What a great tool! I just started using this. However I noticed the values on how the overall is calculated isn't right or I am reading it wrong? Examples for the QB. You have awareness rated at 15% I have 12%, you have deep accuracy at 5% I have 12% and you have carry at 5% I have 0 for example. There are more. I got the formulas from EA. Uploaded pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_2938.PNG (160.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: png IMG_2939.PNG (152.6 KB, 57 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »