Home

Almost 4 months since launch, what do you all think about this game?

This is a discussion on Almost 4 months since launch, what do you all think about this game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2016, 09:07 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Almost 4 months since launch, what do you all think about this game?

16 is definitely a "cleaner" playing game than 17. In 16 I didn't have players walking through player's bodies, limbs fusing together, players rolling through lineman's legs when they're engaged in blocks, TE's walking right through the QB when breaking the huddle, etc...All of this stuff happens in 17 which are HUGE immersion killers. I can't even enjoy the game because of this. Some people can overlook this but I can't. They had most of if not all of this cleaned up in 16 so I'm baffled as to why it's not cleaned up in 17. It's almost as if the ball physics EA added for 17 has taken away from the player physics. Ocassionally the physics will play out as it should, however their engine is very inconsistent & needs to be a major priority going forward along with player movement.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:10 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The running game needs to be addressed. I have some ideas that I don't want to post here, but the way I see it, the game is a over response to complaints. Because people were running wild early they just completely nerfed running and made it very difficult to run. But it shouldn't be this way if you plan your run game schematically. But alas I just tried what I know should get my players in better position but still can't run. I'm in CFM pvp, not vs cpu.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #75
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

Madden 17 is basically a carbon copy of M16. The franchise mode was literally untouched and was as shallow as ever. Only differences were they vastly improved the previously broken draft system and they messed up the kicking system. That's it folks. My copy has collected dust while I play games that I actually care about. It's not a bad game by any stretch but it's a joke they keep pumping out the same game for $60. This franchise is the definition of stale. Bring back NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDrocks
Madden 17 is basically a carbon copy of M16. The franchise mode was literally untouched and was as shallow as ever. Only differences were they vastly improved the previously broken draft system and they messed up the kicking system. That's it folks. My copy has collected dust while I play games that I actually care about. It's not a bad game by any stretch but it's a joke they keep pumping out the same game for $60. This franchise is the definition of stale. Bring back NCAA.
It's been free play days on xbox for nba 2k17 and I haven't touched madden. I don't even watch the nba but that game off court is superior to madden. It's like 2016 versus 2000 technology.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:29 AM   #77
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
A SIM league where even the player can make 80% of his passes with a bad QB ? I don't think we can't call that a simulation
Except THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN in a sim league. Why? Because real intelligence behind play calls and defensive adjustments prevents it. In my 2015 league the season completion percentages ranged from under 55% to just over 70%. In the NFL this season the current leader is at over 71%. REAL INTELLIGENCE mitigates many of the problems, including this one.

I'm not saying the game isn't flawed. QB accuracy and pass rush are problems. But most of the problems off line people experience VANISH when playing against human opponents interested in simulstion football.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:50 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

MEH! It started off promising but has gotten worse over time. They really need to rebuild this game from scratch.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:01 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 4

I like the 360 version better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2016, 01:53 PM   #80
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I've retired '17 until we get another patch or I can find the disc version for less than $20. The QB accuracy issue is a deal breaker for me.

I really enjoyed the game, despite its warts, until the October patch and would still be playing several games a week if we could restore that gameplay. I've gone back to 2K17 and NCAA '14 for now.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »