Home

Almost 4 months since launch, what do you all think about this game?

This is a discussion on Almost 4 months since launch, what do you all think about this game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2016, 06:27 AM   #41
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Almost 4 months since launch, what do you all think about this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Gotta love how they promote the soundtrack every year thats is the best out there and its terrible. On that note.

I may just buy madden 16 for 5 bucks and see how it ism i bet ots better than 17 atm.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
I thought the Madden 16 sound track was pretty good. Also I think personally since Madden 15 the game has been very good. Heck, since Madden 25 it's been really run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #42
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't feel it's improved any and there has been some regression to the game, but I don't see some of the regressions because I found sliders that combat the high completion percentages on all pro.

An all madden, the QB Acc slider is a hot mess, it doesn't work properly.

Also, since the last patch, FG's have been made easier to help the lag for the online players.

The game was playing better before the last patch.

We are hoping and waiting some of these will be fixed, but it doesn't appear the FG's will be fixed.

Spot on post. I am enjoying the game. But gameplay wise it regressed from this last patch and they gotta unwind those things you touched on.

Also OL/DL interaction is just not where it needs to be at all.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #43
Pro

I wanted to like it, I mean I did in some ways. Its not a bad game at all, there is a lot going for it... but the fact I traded it in after what 1 month (tops) of ownership says it all.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #44
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

All of you people who are consodering trading it in after a month or two should SERIOUSLY consider joining a SIM league. You simply cannot not overstate the wonder of playing against a real intelligence who is interested in sinulating NFL football rather than exploiting the game. Trust me when I say it adds an entire new dimension to the game. I was a single player offline guy for two decades, and finally joined a SIM league three years ago. It makes it seem like a completely different game.

Seriously.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:50 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
All of you people who are consodering trading it in after a month or two should SERIOUSLY consider joining a SIM league. You simply cannot not overstate the wonder of playing against a real intelligence who is interested in sinulating NFL football rather than exploiting the game. Trust me when I say it adds an entire new dimension to the game. I was a single player offline guy for two decades, and finally joined a SIM league three years ago. It makes it seem like a completely different game.

Seriously.
A SIM league where even the player can make 80% of his passes with a bad QB ? I don't think we can't call that a simulation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #46
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Been playing the game more now that the mlb playoffs are over. I've been enjoying the game more since i started visiting here less.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 2

I have to disclose that I am an NCAA game fan way more than Madden, but the game plays fairly well. I still feel like scripting is there, and some game feels blah. I do not play MUT anymore, but my online league with my buddies is still going strong.

The problem for me is that franchise mode is boring. I cannot get into like I used to the NCAA game. No feel. No true story. Overall, 6.5 out of 10.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:25 PM   #48
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Franchise mode needs to be the focus for 18.

The problem with this is, we have been told for the last two years now, they have put most resources into CFM than ever...and its not really improved in a manner to match that over the last two years. So i dont know how much more of a focus they can put into it . Which in reality is the most disappointing thing of all.Knowing this is basically the best they can do , and its very lack luster in many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's one of the bigger, if not biggest, disappointment's IMO. When I look back at the feature list it's hard for me to find something that undoubtedly delivered. Gap play and zones are the only ones that really hit for me and even then the zones didn't really seem very effective until the second patch. But the ball-carrier moves were clunky and not much of an improvement. Tackle battle was a terrible decision. Special teams improvements were welcomed but the fact that kicks were still automatic (for me) at release and were made easier killed that. The scripted nature of blocks wasn't a good idea IMO either. As for CFM practice squad was nice but the lack of even having proper eligibility rules was a bit mindblowing. Gameplanning was a good idea but the fact that it only tracks one down of the previous game pretty much killed the purpose of it. Play The Moment was something that seemed to work so that was a definite hit. Wasn't my cup of tea but I never had any issues with it in my time playing. But throw all that on top of the legacy issues (terrible OL play, Robo QB, etc.) and some new issues (statue QB's, too many throwaways, punting into the wind) and this year was a bad year IMO.

I totally agree with everything you said here DueceDouglas . Sadly, its rather disappointing at this point . Really makes it hard to listen to them at all pre launch anymore to be honest, knowing things will just get changed.We need options like sim mode and working sliders , outside of that, i just dont feel that good about the future of the title , knowing the casuals will always win out.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »