Home

Tentative date for the next title update 11/30......

This is a discussion on Tentative date for the next title update 11/30...... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2016, 03:17 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Tentative date for the next title update 11/30......

Really, I see, I think I made my point perfectly 100% clear. Evidently some of you don't like it. Don't really care, But you have every right to disagree. Again, it is my personal opinion. Not yours.

I don't want to turn this into an argument or personal attack. I have stated my opinion and how I feel; It isn't about you, what you think or anything else. It is about issues I am having with a purchased product. I'm not asking you to respond, or forcing you too, if you don't like what I have to say, move on, leave it alone. You know who I am, Skip over my post. I've been a member here since 2002. Helped everyone I can when I can. I have earned the right to voice my opinion. There are many post on this board I don't agree with, That's what a community does. Different people, different issues, different opinions.

I am retired, living on social security, helping my family as much as I can, I am not in good health, one of my enjoyments in life is now playing a few sports video games. Because of my family’s situation, every penny I have to spend is accounted for. Sixty dollars might not be an issue to you, but every penny I spend is accounted for. And when I purchase something to bring my simple life a little pleasure, and I am left holding the bag, and can't enjoy what I paid for, Then you are right. I am bitter. Want to make me happy, Send me the 60 dollars, buy my game or fix my product.

I don't think that is an unreasonable request. So let me ask you. If you bought a watch that you really wanted and really looked forward to. And it kept freezing up, loosing time, and the only reason you bought is because of the ALARM that does not work. What would you expect? A refund? An exchange for a working one? Or would you send it back to the company, wait around for a couple of months, hoping they would fix it, but not really knowing when or if they will because you can't get any response from the company that made it.

I have tried several times to contact EA, by phone, by letter to get absolutely no response. My only source of information is what I get through here. Now if this undermines my statement.. I'm sorry.

Actually, I do owe an apology, this topic was about a (tentative patch date.) Got carried away. My post should have been under the topic.... Almost 4 months since launch, what do you all think about this game?. So I will leave it with that. Said my piece. And if I have somehow offended anyone, It was not my intent.

Last edited by CleveCluby; 11-25-2016 at 03:28 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:45 AM   #18
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I don't think anyone's offended - at least I'm not reading it that way. You could just make the points without car analogies or suggesting people are somehow disregarding your issues as part of some "all posts must praise EA" initiative.

Clint has said on Twitter that the punt issue should be fixed. I think it's safe to assume that it would be in this upcoming patch, though obviously he made these claims before the patch was officially announced. So we'll see how things go and if it is indeed fixed. Hopefully it is.

As for your other issues using Play the Moment mentioned in other threads, I'd help you out if I could. I really would. I don't use it as frequently as you do, but I haven't experienced anywhere near the amount of issues that you have when I play that way. I'm not claiming to have a perfect game or anything, just that it's hard for others to even begin help troubleshoot issues if they're not experiencing them and seeing with their own eyes. That may be part of the reason some other posts don't gain a lot of traction here.

I would also like to say I didn't see kehlis' post before I posted, so my using the same exact wording as he did comes off like I was nitpicking and really trying to drive his point home. Totally unintentional on my part.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Nah, Cleve, actually we are apples to oranges on the fg issue, but I will drop it at this point. I don't want to derail this thread any longer.

Last edited by roadman; 11-25-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 2

First of all, THANKS to everyone who responded. It's OK for us to agree to disagree. Everyone who plays this game or takes the time to post does it because they are pleased or disappointed with Madden. But this also shows the passion that everyone has in wanting a great video FB game.

We all have different needs and the majority of us play the game differently. I believe when it comes down to it, On-line, Off-Line, the one thing we have in common is we all want a fundamentally sound FB game. Give us that and all the extra features become bonuses.

The issues that concern me may not concern you and vice versa. I believe as serious players’ basic game play concerns us all. Arcade style, Well that’s a different story. I wish that EA could make three different styles of the game, Sim off-line, On-line, and Arcade. We all know that isn't going to happen.

I just hope when the patch finally arrives, it will fix most of the major basic issues. As Roady has put it. All we can do is wait. Some of us will be overjoyed and some of us will be even more disappointed than we are now. Either way, we will all have valid reasons for what we will experience. And it all boils down to one thing. We all love FB.

I don't want to seem selfish, But I am hoping my issues will be on the list. If they are, I will probably be joining the Praise EA list. Win or lose, I hope that those waiting for a fix get what they need. I am rooting for the OFF-line franchise crowd at this point, we deserve it.. LOL.

Being a Browns fan, I am used to losing and disappointment. It's time for a win. I guess we will find out in a few days if the patch predictions are true. If not, it's back to M16, the Show and golf. If I get my fixes, I probably won’t be posting much; I’ll be too busy playing.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Kelis. And I thought this was an open forum, But I guess anytime you say anything negative against EA, you are criticized or put in your place. It's more like a political board anymore. Unless I am violating forum rules, Please don't tell me what to think. These are my opinions. If you are willing to accept a broken product, I support your decision 100%. I am not.

So I guess if I said a thousand people took back there 39 cent Ink pens because they didn't write and expected it to be fixed, or a money back..I guess that would have made since to you. Or maybe a 20 dollar steak that wasn't cooked correctly, I suppose I should just eat it RIGHT. ? Or should I set there for 2 months waiting for them to bring me another one?

I don't care if I am talking about a ink pen, a Rolex watch or a jet. A product sold to a customer should be supported, backed, by the company; this is exactly why these games companies get away with crap because people make excuses for them.

I sell my product to the people I represent, I back it 100%, If I don't do a good job or give them what they expect, I FIX IT. I don't have them wait months while I have no communication with them. Being an owner of two successful businesses for 40 years. I don't know any other business that doesn't work that way, and if they did, they are out of business now.

Apples to Oranges, Dollar store to Macy's. They have one thing in common, They sell products, And if that product is broken, You can exchange it, return it for a FULL REFUND, I don't have that option, If I did I would return it for a full refund and that would simply be the end of it. PROBLEM SOLVED. But instead I am stuck with a product I can’t play in its current condition, I can't return it, all I can do is sit and wait for months and wonder if EA is ever going to fix it. I am told they are, But who knows for sure. NO ONE.
You can say whatever you want man good or bad. Feel free to go through my posts. I have posted plenty of negatives regarding Madden over the years.

It just has to be done constructively.

And no, if you had compared it to a 39 cent pen it would not have made your point anymore valid.

If you want to point out a problem with madden (lets use kicking accuracy as an example).

Talk about what's wrong with the kicking accuracy and provide possible solutions and constructive criticism.

Don't compare it to a car or a pen (or anything). That serves no point whatsoever.

Quote:
Oh, and BTW.You asked for a video game that gets immediate support, that communicates, and still supports and patches right up to date. Try MLB the show. The best sports game period IMO. And the Golf Club where you have constant access to communication with the developers. And you get very quick replies.
Agree with you strongly on TGC and that's a good call. Very much disagree with you on the Show.

Quote:
As long as people are praising EA, They can post anything they want. I thought that this is what the community was about.. Pros and cons. If I used a car to get my point across, what difference does it make, A broken product, rather it cost a dime or 50 thousand dollars is a broken product. It should be acknowledged, supported, and fixed in a reasonable amount of time especially if the same issues have been known for years. Or fully refunded.
My reply to you wasn't as a moderator but as a common poster. This site is for everything, the good and the bad.

Comparing a video game to anything but a video game is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2016, 04:56 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just an idea I had about the kicking accuracy : why they don't scale the section who determine the accuracy with the rating of the kicker ? I mean, if your kicker has good ratings, the section becomes larger than if your kicker has bad ratings, adjusted with the distance.

Do you know what I mean ?
Old 11-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #23
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
Just an idea I had about the kicking accuracy : why they don't scale the section who determine the accuracy with the rating of the kicker ? I mean, if your kicker has good ratings, the section becomes larger than if your kicker has bad ratings, adjusted with the distance.

Do you know what I mean ?
They do.

The problem lies in the fact that A) the difference isn't nearly as significant as it should be. You can see above that's the difference between a 60 and a 99 and it isn't much. When that was made the lowest rated kicker for KAC was 77 so that difference becomes even smaller. And B) the difference between hitting the meter in the light blue area and black, "perfect", area is also inconsequential. The entire light blue area might as well be the black area.

There's a number of changes that need to be made moving into next year. Making the light blue area's penalty significantly stronger, providing a kick meter speed slider as well as making the meter have one consistent speed, and tying the Kick Accuracy slider directly to the size of the accuracy area (light blue and black portion) to make it tougher or easier as seen fit.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:32 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thx, I didn't notice. I think it would be nice to send that to Clint to see what he thinks about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »