Home

Tentative date for the next title update 11/30......

This is a discussion on Tentative date for the next title update 11/30...... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #49
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tentative date for the next title update 11/30......

By the way I also enjoy playing the CPU. I usually do one Franchise online and one by myself. The one by myself is as the 49ers, and I try to play as the team would with its current coaching staff (because that is MY team). In addition I usually control the rest of the league to make sure they all play according to their coaches (until that coach is fired). In the online sim league I play in, we draw raffles for teams anyway, so I make sure I play with my team in my off line Franchise just in case. But online, while individual people favor different styles (so you won't always get a Patriots user doing a bunch of curl flats and screen passes), whatever they do is realistic NFL football.

But even still, the online league I'm in puts a premium on sim style play. They even have rules to compensate for flaws in the game itself (for example in Madden 25 there was a roster requirement for 3 QBs on the roster at all times, due to a glitch in which you could not get injured as a QB without that many).

The point is, there are plenty of online people who play sim and want a sim game.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:38 AM   #50
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They do.

The problem lies in the fact that A) the difference isn't nearly as significant as it should be. You can see above that's the difference between a 60 and a 99 and it isn't much. When that was made the lowest rated kicker for KAC was 77 so that difference becomes even smaller. And B) the difference between hitting the meter in the light blue area and black, "perfect", area is also inconsequential. The entire light blue area might as well be the black area.

There's a number of changes that need to be made moving into next year. Making the light blue area's penalty significantly stronger, providing a kick meter speed slider as well as making the meter have one consistent speed, and tying the Kick Accuracy slider directly to the size of the accuracy area (light blue and black portion) to make it tougher or easier as seen fit.
All great ideas. I have still not missed a field goal since they nerfed it.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #51
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Kelis.. Thanks and you have some valid points. I have pointed out what’s wrong with the punting issue several times as I am sure you are aware of. I have made suggestions as to how I believe it could be simply fixed. Give us a switch to control the wind, or turn the wind off all together, the wind is the issue. For those that want the wind, let them have it. Just let us decide how effective and how strong the wind will be.. PROBLEM SOLVED. We can still have the rain, the snow, just reduce the wind

I could be wrong but I believe that many Maddens back, we could set the weather, It might be a different game, But we could decide what the conditions we choose to play in, calm windy, rainy, cloudy, whatever. I know we have some settings in the show and in the old golf games we had complete control of weather conditions.

As far as the freezes and lock ups. I have no idea how to fix them. I have done everything possible reinstalling several times to even trying another disc. I agree with most people, a set of sliders that actually give us control of how we want our game to play would be a huge success.

If you want some serious constructive criticism, EA should do some serious testing by people who actually play the game before they release it. On this board alone, some of the mods have found the broken parts and issues within a couple of days after release. There are several guys here they should send the game too. And they should break it down, Pick some sim guys and only have then test sim style. Pick Franchise guys and let them just do the franchise and so on.

I realize I can be pretty passionate when I post, Not making excuses, I do get angry and frustrated when I spend hours and hours trying to get the game to play properly to my enjoyment. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy putting in the work with all my sports games. But to do all that work, creating players, building, studying, adjusting schemes, creating playbooks, re-rating players. adjusting each roster. spending weeks testing sliders.

Then I play a game just to have it freeze up after 3 qt's or I lose a game because I have to punt into the wind from my own ten yd line knowing the CPU is going to get the ball on my 35 or 40 yd line and there is nothing I can do about it. YEP.. I get very frustrated.
Hopefully after a few more days the patch will fix some of these issues. I would honestly rather be playing the game instead of posting my frustrations. But I will try to follow some of your advice.
It's my belief that they know what the problems are before release, it's a matter of choosing whether to fix them or not. Bugs are found by the bucketload, don't believe these things are missed. (I've worked as a tester in the past, just not on an EA game.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2016, 12:28 PM   #52
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

I'd have kept the old kicking system with the right stick but I'd have made it much more sensitive, as per their own golf games (out of the same studio, Tiburon, ironically). There should be a chance that you hook it and slice it, that's what happens sometimes. The reason that kicking with the right stick became so routine was because they didn't develop it enough in my opinion. It should have been made more sensitive and the hold should have been made a critical part of the process as it is in real life.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:22 PM   #53
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
There are sim online players. There are entire online leagues dedicated to sim play with like minded individuals playing the game as close to the NFL as possible.

Getting really tired of off line people thinking they are the only ones who play sim and want a sim game.
Absolutely true. I play in an online simulation league and we love it. I think when offline guys refer to online players it's more to the tourney/MUT crowd and not to us who play in online simulation leagues.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 11-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #54
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Gos, the punting game is fixed with the next title update, whenever that is. Yes, folks, the original OP in here states it's a MUT Title Update and so does the link if you follow it. We don't know if it will be a game play title update, too.(we can hope)

I am glad you mentioned you missed some and timishere too because obviously I don't have the stick skills as I once did. A poster said to me, Crosby missed a few XP's this year, what about you. The next night I was finishing up a game and a Crosby XP attempt was blocked.

The CPU AI is more automatic for me anywhere from 50 yards and in. It's the CPU AI that rears it's ugly head from time to time trying 55 yarders and beyond and missing early in the game leaving you quality field position.

My last interaction with Clint on Twitter about the matter he said he agrees it's easier for offline users, but it's still tough on online users. Online users really complained before the last patch because of the lag.

This is why they need to separate the online vs offline crowd that Clint seems to favor.
I just missed a FG yesterday lol. Completely shanked it. Anyways I almost never play online but I did play one game this year and I get the complaints about the lag. It's horrible. It took me 2 qtrs to figure out why my K and P couldn't kick for ****. Finally I realized it was a huge lag. I was able to just adjust my timing once I figured it out but still. And I agree. We just need sim and arcade settings.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #55
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I really appreciate you folks stepping forward and saying you miss FG's. I thought I was on an empty island in here. lol

And if you suggest to sim fg's, people will say they lose the immersion, which is true, I agree on that note, but to get the desired results, that's what I do with the CPU.
I completely agree with simming the cpu FG too. They freaking never miss. It just gets lame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #56
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
There are sim online players. There are entire online leagues dedicated to sim play with like minded individuals playing the game as close to the NFL as possible.

Getting really tired of off line people thinking they are the only ones who play sim and want a sim game.
Agreed. Its not online vs offline, its sim vs arcade .Thats where the lines are drawn. For the patch, i really hope it does not nerf anything, and hopefully helps the run game go back to how it was at launch.Hopefully it drops tomorrow and we all find out what is and isnt in it.Here is to hoping!

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »