Home

Draft Pick Trade Value Calculator

This is a discussion on Draft Pick Trade Value Calculator within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #17
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Pick Trade Value Calculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Mad? Not at all. The OP has done a lot of really cool (and really time consuming) things for the community. Just felt like you were being a jerk for no reason other then to be one. If that's not the case it's on me. Message boards don't always translate intent very well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That is true. I was wondering how it would help/ work since it won't be implemented in the game. I won't use it but I'm sure others will.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:25 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
That is true. I was wondering how it would help/ work since it won't be implemented in the game. I won't use it but I'm sure others will.
It's a great reference tool for commissioners to use in approving/denying trades. True some circumstances may warrant straying from the chart, such as a once in a generation player being available in the draft and the owner holding the pick puts it up for trade. But, for majority of pick trades this tool is very useful for a board to vote on trades of 32 teams. Sorry you don't see it that way.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 05:46 AM   #19
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoticx
It's a great reference tool for commissioners to use in approving/denying trades. True some circumstances may warrant straying from the chart, such as a once in a generation player being available in the draft and the owner holding the pick puts it up for trade. But, for majority of pick trades this tool is very useful for a board to vote on trades of 32 teams. Sorry you don't see it that way.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Thanks that's probably the main use of this tool TBH. Stops online users cheesing CPU teams for picks or ransacking user teams to the point where nobody would want to take over that team if the current user left the league.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-29-2016, 06:38 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

in Madden 08 on PC there was a swing meter that indicated when a trade was fair, i have no doubt that used some logic from the JJ chart. I cant remember which but one of the Maddens or HC did use the JJ chart. It's valid for pick for pick trades, if you involve intangibles or players it will always be a question of judgement. trading is harder in 17 than last year thats definite. trade block you could get any player there for a future 6th or 7th, you cant now.

if i accumulate picks i use them by trading for players that are not starting on other teams and hurting their cap, then cut them. for some reason houston always get into problems.

the JJ pick for pick chart was prior to the current CBA, in my opinion a new chart can be worked out knowing the salaries that are fixed for all 224 picks. that's based off a purely monetary value but thats the only hard data available. its a tool, not everyone will use it or the draft tool.

i believe there is a minimum %age of cap in the cba that has to be spent and also a rookie max %age of cap, neither are in madden
Old 02-15-2017, 01:48 AM   #21
Rookie

nc69chicano's Arena

Oh wow! First and foremost I want to say OMN, your draft chart calculating Chip players, I thought was great. I actually spent the last few years creating a complete trade chart, similar to yours, is easy to use and I think does a great job evening out Players/Picks trades. I currently have it live on Google Docs

Sent from my SM-N920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 01:50 AM   #22
Rookie

nc69chicano's Arena

I've always respected OS as a source for Madden

This is not an ad, but I've been using my tool in the leagues I've been in (Personal problems prohibiting me from participating in one now), and have become a leader in Trade Committees or even ran the Front Office Dept.; I've created a Trade Chart specifically for Madden to stop one sided deals... inspired by the real NFL Draft pick trading Chart...

I posted it on Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

And there is a link for tutorial video if my instructions aren't clear

Old 02-15-2017, 02:06 AM   #23
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc69chicano
I've always respected OS as a source for Madden

This is not an ad, but I've been using my tool in the leagues I've been in (Personal problems prohibiting me from participating in one now), and have become a leader in Trade Committees or even ran the Front Office Dept.; I've created a Trade Chart specifically for Madden to stop one sided deals... inspired by the real NFL Draft pick trading Chart...

I posted it on Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

And there is a link for tutorial video if my instructions aren't clear

Nice one. This is very similar to version 2 of this tool (which I've just realised I forgot to post here, whoops). https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...64&sh=3c900cd6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 02-15-2017, 02:08 AM   #24
Rookie

nc69chicano's Arena

Haha and here I thought I was unique lol...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »