Home

Editing players after draft

This is a discussion on Editing players after draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2016, 11:36 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Editing players after draft

Yeah I guess I shouldnt feel like its cheating. These are fake generated players anyway and I am not adjusting their ratings
Old 12-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Do you guys edit the players..height weight appearance etc

Can't decide if I should?

Thanks
specifically regarding height & weight editing: height is fine, making them taller or shorter is no real issue; but weight editing is messed up.

for example, 275lb 43 DE and want to drop him 20lb to play 34 OLB. when you drop his weight, there is a good chance his player figure actually looks heavier and, well, much fatter. it makes no sense.

- - - - -

for the first three draft classes of my now ten year long franchise, i edited the first couple of rounds to reflect players in real life. after that, i stopped making the "real life" players.

however, i still make adjustments to players. for instance, for me, no RB taken in the first round just have a lower than 87 SPD & no CB should have lower than 89SPD. if they're good enough to go that high, they need to have the kind of physical traits that would reflect that. guys who bust in the first round almost never do it because they lacked the physical traits - they bust because of work ethic, off field issues and game awareness.

also, i go through every rookie and pull their ages down. can't find the link now, but most rookies are either 21 (about 30%) or 22 (about 35%). around 15% are 23yo with the rest being evenly split between 20yo & 24+. certain positions tend to be younger or older. QB & OL are generally older. RB are generally younger. in M17, there are too many 23yo & 24yo.

NO took a RB 7th overall. he was a power back with 83 SPD at the age of 24yo. does anyone really think that guys is going in the top ten? nope. i bumped his SPD to 88 and dropped his age to 22yo.

now, this does lead to an issue of more players staying around longer than the game expected them too. to address this, once a year, i go through the FA & "age" a bunch of unsigned guys who've done nothing to speed up the retirement rate.

in the first week of preseason, i go though every team & "re-align" their roster. for example:
- CAR play a 43 but drafted a 6'4" pass rushing OLB so he gets moved to 43 DE.
- GB drafted a 6'2", 285 DT but plays a 34. that player is move to 34 DE.
- LA draft a LT for the second year in a row and they have a good RT. which ever LT looks most suited for OG is move inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
Yes I put in my top 50 real upcoming rookies. Like Browns have Myles Garrett in my franchise. It's cool
drafted myles garrett (best edge rusher in that class) first overall in my CFM. his weight was about right but he needed an extra couple of inches IIRC.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 3

What about names do you guys ever change names?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #12
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
specifically regarding height & weight editing: height is fine, making them taller or shorter is no real issue; but weight editing is messed up.

for example, 275lb 43 DE and want to drop him 20lb to play 34 OLB. when you drop his weight, there is a good chance his player figure actually looks heavier and, well, much fatter. it makes no sense.

- - - - -

for the first three draft classes of my now ten year long franchise, i edited the first couple of rounds to reflect players in real life. after that, i stopped making the "real life" players.

however, i still make adjustments to players. for instance, for me, no RB taken in the first round just have a lower than 87 SPD & no CB should have lower than 89SPD. if they're good enough to go that high, they need to have the kind of physical traits that would reflect that. guys who bust in the first round almost never do it because they lacked the physical traits - they bust because of work ethic, off field issues and game awareness.

also, i go through every rookie and pull their ages down. can't find the link now, but most rookies are either 21 (about 30%) or 22 (about 35%). around 15% are 23yo with the rest being evenly split between 20yo & 24+. certain positions tend to be younger or older. QB & OL are generally older. RB are generally younger. in M17, there are too many 23yo & 24yo.

NO took a RB 7th overall. he was a power back with 83 SPD at the age of 24yo. does anyone really think that guys is going in the top ten? nope. i bumped his SPD to 88 and dropped his age to 22yo.

now, this does lead to an issue of more players staying around longer than the game expected them too. to address this, once a year, i go through the FA & "age" a bunch of unsigned guys who've done nothing to speed up the retirement rate.

in the first week of preseason, i go though every team & "re-align" their roster. for example:
- CAR play a 43 but drafted a 6'4" pass rushing OLB so he gets moved to 43 DE.
- GB drafted a 6'2", 285 DT but plays a 34. that player is move to 34 DE.
- LA draft a LT for the second year in a row and they have a good RT. which ever LT looks most suited for OG is move inside.

drafted myles garrett (best edge rusher in that class) first overall in my CFM. his weight was about right but he needed an extra couple of inches IIRC.
Agreed. Adjusting their height doesn't do any harm. The moment you mess with their weight though, it's messes everything up. Especially offensive linemen.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #13
Pro

I think there are too many 5'9 WRs and too many 6'6..... don't see many guys 6'0 to 6'5 so i change height a lot
Old 12-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #14
Pro

I also change guys with the last name gronkowski or heyward-bey etc
Old 12-01-2016, 02:52 PM   #15
Pro

Oh and there are a ton of 6'7 defense ends
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
I think there are too many 5'9 WRs and too many 6'6..... don't see many guys 6'0 to 6'5 so i change height a lot
Quote:
I also change guys with the last name gronkowski or heyward-bey etc
Quote:
Oh and there are a ton of 6'7 defense ends
yes. these are also things i tend to edit. rarely do i let a WR top 6'4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »