Home

Madden Companion App Available Now For Android & iOS

This is a discussion on Madden Companion App Available Now For Android & iOS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2016, 08:07 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Companion App Available Now For Android & iOS

I'm eagerly waiting for them to tell us how to use the data it sends in the HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA array. It appears to be compressed, and thus, I need to know the compression method to decompress it.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:41 PM   #34
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Thankful at least we can sync our stats to our Daddy League site, and as a commish i can put people on auto , or force wins from app.

However, i really hope they add alot more to this app.

Daddy Leagues allowed us to :

sign, drop , trade players . As well spend player XP ( in a much cleaner way than the ea website did) See transaction log, see a breakdown of our rosters. None of which is available in this app.

When your in a 32 man league, and people living on the go and busy, alot of us used DL to provide access to do all that on the go, without having to load up the game .

Hopefully all those functions makes their way back soon to the app, Glad its out , but cant stop there.Glad DL is back up and running , providing great service to our leagues since madden 13. Great support for the community.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 12-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #35
MVP

Just did a podcast with some thoughts on the app.Some thoughts after recording and posting, I think what people may be missing is the fact it isn't a "CFM" app but rather a companion app. If it had been left to a CFM app it could possibly die quickly if the usage didn't dictate upkeep. By them combining MUT and general engagement items like the twitch embedding and dev blogs it will drive traffic to the app making it more worth while.

As for CFM, I think they accomplished exactly what they set out to do when they started. My understanding is "phase 1" was to get commissioners access on the go to control league, and a SECURE third party integration. They have now laid the foundation though to really add some cool features as we go. I think this is the start to a new era for Madden and I personally am excited.

If you want to hear my whole take on the app, and it's value going forward, you can listen here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #36
Rookie

puba1978's Arena

I can see where they are going with this and am very appreciative....no fire from me right now. Good job EA, now keep it coming!
Old 12-02-2016, 09:03 PM   #37
The They/Them GM

PardonTheAmbush's Arena

OVR: 1
So... are you guys the aforementioned "3rd Party Site"? 'Cause I wanna start me a Madden Dynasty on my page soon and it would be amazing if had some help from the app with that.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:33 PM   #38
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Just did a podcast with some thoughts on the app.Some thoughts after recording and posting, I think what people may be missing is the fact it isn't a "CFM" app but rather a companion app. If it had been left to a CFM app it could possibly die quickly if the usage didn't dictate upkeep. By them combining MUT and general engagement items like the twitch embedding and dev blogs it will drive traffic to the app making it more worth while.

As for CFM, I think they accomplished exactly what they set out to do when they started. My understanding is "phase 1" was to get commissioners access on the go to control league, and a SECURE third party integration. They have now laid the foundation though to really add some cool features as we go. I think this is the start to a new era for Madden and I personally am excited.

If you want to hear my whole take on the app, and it's value going forward, you can listen here.

I'll catch your link later, im super anxious for this, thank them personally from me. If this is done right, it really could take he madden franchise in a whole greater direction.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:17 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by signman
It appears to be compressed, and thus, I need to know the compression method to decompress it.
There should be an HTTP header sent that indicates the content encoding, specifically "gzip" in this case.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:27 PM   #40
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

So I signed up with Daddy Leagues to try all this out. Figured $25 bucks for a year isn't bad. Anyways it has been irritating me all night. So I'm in the Divisional Playoffs in Year 5 of my Saints cfm. So I sync from the app and everything seems to work okay. But for whatever reason the stats only go back to Week 3 even though I selected all weeks in the app. Anyways while not a deal breaker I really wanted the full season. Now maybe the info isn't there on Ea's side. I don't know. So I mess around by clearing stats and clearing cache and then syncing again. Unfortunately now nothing shows up on Daddy Leagues even though the app says it's all good. Blah. I will say when the data was showing up originally it was pretty damn cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »