Home

New franchise or move on from madden?

This is a discussion on New franchise or move on from madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New franchise or move on from madden?

Started a Browns franchise with no salary cap. After year one the highest rated free agents were 78's. So far, seems like everybody is just going to resign all their good players. Will see if that remains true in future years.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:10 AM   #10
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
For sure. My qb has the all time td pass record and everytime he throws a td for the first time in a game they talk about how he just set the all time record even though he set it years ago. Unfortunately, I think we are a decade away from the commentary being Abe to adjust to circumstances.
Other than the players career stats, the historical data isn't even stored. With current gen systems it would be nice if the game had an almanac of data. This could be used to generate commentary for the future. Bonus points if the data an be exported to an online website. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see this feature.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 12-08-2016, 04:34 PM   #11
Rookie

if you're on XB1, i can recommend raiderzveva and cwsapp's AFL fictional roster for a new experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 07:43 AM   #12
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Other than the players career stats, the historical data isn't even stored. With current gen systems it would be nice if the game had an almanac of data. This could be used to generate commentary for the future. Bonus points if the data an be exported to an online website. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever see this feature.
This hurts my heart because I know you're probably right.

Then again, these guys will actually respond to twitter questions. I've had conversations with Clint, Rex and several others. So maybe... just maybe...
Old 12-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #13
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I am heading into 2036 season in my franchise. It has been enjoyable for the most part with many dissapointments along the way. I am getting bored. This is not unusual as this is the normal point at which I get bored with madden. With the 30 year franchise limit going through the draft realizing I will not get to see these guys's career play out I lose interest.

The question is whether I can start a new franchise and remain interested. I would like some ideas on how to do this. One idea I have is getting rid of the salary cap. I think this will mean each team can spend what ever available funds they have. This would create some power house teams that will suck up free agents like the Yankees but leaving some small markets doomed to mediocrity at best. Is this how it works? Has anybody done this? Would there be any difference between doing this as an owner versus as a coach? If I took over a mid market team would it actually mean ten years down the road some large market teams would have higher overalls than me?

Any other ideas that would lead to a different experience the second time through?
The good news about random draft classes is you won't always see the same players.

So here's a suggestion: start over, but try to build an entirely different type of team. Just finished with an offensive juggernaut? See if you can emulate the 2002 Bucs. Hire you a Cover 2 coach and stack the defense.

Or try building a team around a super fast/agile quarterback. Maybe do a Willie Beaman franchise.

Or try creating a team that uses only nickle and dime defenses, with creative blitzing.

Or bring the true college spread hurry up to the NFL, and see what games feel like doing that.

Basically, the way you build your team can affect how the franchise feels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »