Home

Falcons D...are you joking?

This is a discussion on Falcons D...are you joking? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 06:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Falcons D...are you joking?

I average around 235 yards passing per game which isn't bad at all. How is it that the garbage Falcons defense who are 27th overall and dead last against the pass in real life are swatting, picking off and defending passes like some super defense in Madden? What a complete joke. 400 yards passing should be easy against that trash. Programmers must be high or Falcons fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Re: Falcons D...are you joking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter75
I average around 235 yards passing per game which isn't bad at all. How is it that the garbage Falcons defense who are 27th overall and dead last against the pass in real life are swatting, picking off and defending passes like some super defense in Madden? What a complete joke. 400 yards passing should be easy against that trash. Programmers must be high or Falcons fans.
(a) What is your difficulty setting?
(b) What are your slider settings?
(c) How long are your quarters?

In real life they are averaging allowing only 282 passing yards per game, so it isn't as bad as you seem to think (although they ARE ranked dead last in passing defense). Contrast that with the number 1 pass defense, which is allowing 195 yards per game.

So... your 245 is actually closer to the real NFL last place pass defense (37 yards) than it is to the real first place pass defense (50 yards).

It appears a few minor slider adjustments might be in order.

EDIT- Oh wait, I misunderstood your post.

Still, change the difficulty man.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 12-04-2016 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter75

Interceptions are no ones fault but your own
Old 12-04-2016, 09:35 AM   #4
MVP

underdog13's Arena

400 yards shouldn't be easy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

As a Falcon fan I'm not entirely sure what you are on about without more information. Only 2 QB's have thrown for 300 yards against the Falcons D (Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers) and with a defense that has 7 ints, 12 fumbles, and 24 sacks it isn't like you are talking about a defense that is absolutely useless.

So yes throwing ints, getting passes defended, and getting pressure from their defense is realistic. Also no team in real life has touched 400 passing yards on them in real life. So again without more information this sounds pretty on par for the real Falcons D.

If you want Madden type stats and not something more realistic than turn down the difficulty or lower your sliders but unless you are getting something like throwing more than a couple interceptions or are getting lower than 60%-65% completion percentage, I don't see anything inherently wrong with what you are posting here, as I don't know exactly what a "super defense" looks like to you (again more information is needed as if you are throwing 3+ ints or under 60% completion percentage then I would agree with you but there are other factors involved such as what your style of play is). Again 282.2 passing yards a game is what they are averaged at, with an average of 1.09 fumbles, 2.18 sacks, and .63 ints a game. So I'm not exactly sure what kind of stats you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Closed.

No threads with "are the devs high?" will be tolerated.

Thank you

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »