Home

EA needs to go back to the Old Kick Meter

This is a discussion on EA needs to go back to the Old Kick Meter within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #9
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA needs to go back to the Old Kick Meter

I have not missed a field goal since they nerfed it. Of course I only play offline so it would appear that they need to separate online play from offline.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:27 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
Well something isn't right then look I'm not expecting to be perfect however the rate of making field goals on this game seems low.

It needs tweaks I shouldn't be missing a mere 65% of the time because of some unneeded change to meter.

Ik some of you like it but it's clearly a meter issue I have no issues on all pro or all madden offline.

But playing online & head to head seasons in MUT is a totally different issue it's bad..

I can line up the accuracy just right and still miss due to a 2nd white line that appears and messes up everything.. please remove the 2nd line ea thx

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
This sounds like you're letting the power meter go too far, and actually missing the lock-in point for power entirely. When that happens, the game treats it as a minimum power kick.

Sometimes this will happen due to online lag (it's wrecked me in a few SOS games), but the key to minimizing it is stopping the power meter sooner than you think you should. The line before the top of the kick meter is actually the 100% bar, and the space above is overkick. You'll still make average-length kicks by stopping the meter near that 100% line.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #11
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I play online all the time and I make almost all my kicks.

Don't try and go full power in kicks. On XP's go about halfway up and you won't struggle.

Besides this is the old way. analog kicking didn't come to madden until madden 06 I believe. Then madden 11 and 12 had kicking like this too.

It makes kicking a challenge as it should be.

Just watch the NFL and see how many XP's are being missed this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #12
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
This sounds like you're letting the power meter go too far, and actually missing the lock-in point for power entirely. When that happens, the game treats it as a minimum power kick.

Sometimes this will happen due to online lag (it's wrecked me in a few SOS games), but the key to minimizing it is stopping the power meter sooner than you think you should. The line before the top of the kick meter is actually the 100% bar, and the space above is overkick. You'll still make average-length kicks by stopping the meter near that 100% line.
This

Took me nearly half a season to figure out what I was doing wrong. Now that I stop it before it hits the top of the power bar I am much more accurate. Before I missed every single xp, fg, and shank ed every single punt for 6 games.... so frustrating. But it's perfect now after a slight adjustment of stopping the meter before it tops out

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 12-12-2016, 07:24 PM   #13
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

I get this too when I go full power. Where are we supposed to set accuracy for full power?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2016, 01:37 AM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
This is Arguably the Worst Kick Meter in the history of the madden series I don't like it & EA Needs to do away with it for online & MUT only.

I can barely make a field goal on this game & it's really irritating if it ain't broke don't mess with it..

Kicking has become such a joke in this game it's almost better going for 2 points the issue isn't the power more so the 3 button process & the speed of trying to get it in the blue

2 white lines makes it very confusing

Please EA revert back to the Old Kick Meter for madden nfl 18 or Do away with the 3 button process I'm tired of missing field goals & stuff thx you

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Lol i love it. I have to actually pay attention on fgs, especially because the angle will return to defaultif you dont hold the stick.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:47 AM   #15
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I get this too when I go full power. Where are we supposed to set accuracy for full power?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
You're supposed to aim for the white arrows. For power, you can also hit above them, but too far and you get the overkick penalty as seen in this video. Judging the overkick part of it is trial and error.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 08:28 AM   #16
MVP

NFL kickers do not put their whole leg into an extra point and neither should you. When kicking you should only let the meter go up as far as needed. The white line is all you got, you don't need to kick it as hard as you can for an extra point or a 25 yard field goal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »