Home

Madden NFL 17 Title Update #8 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Title Update #8 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2016, 03:26 PM   #33
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 17 Title Update #8 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Full game for anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpJfYvHqY2Q

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 12-13-2016, 04:01 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Huh?

The first drive:

Called Gun Bunch TE Formation
Subbed Ty Montgomery to TE
3rd down, sends RB in motion and runs w/ McNair
Runs no huddle on 4th and 1 at his own 30
Calls 4 verts

He called the exact same Gun Bunch TE formation all the way down the field that first drive, until he fumbled.

I don't know about you young squire, but where I'm from? That's that smoked Gouda
Right?

I had to watch the video after seeing a defense above of how sim this tournament is, and I had the same impression of that kid's first drive as you did.

These kids are the face of the franchise. Not a good look, imo. Bad for the brand.

The video of that game added a little levity to my afternoon.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:18 PM   #35
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The writing is clearly on the wall. I'm becoming more and more certain that '17 is the last Madden I will buy for the foreseeable future. I'll roll with my OOTB version for the next few years. At best I'll wait to purchase, see if the sim crowd approves of QBA and tackling physics, etc and buy the disc version so I have control over the patches.

This is such a shame though, this game was right there and then fell off a cliff in the name of pleasing the online crowd. I find it very hard to believe that any post-release testing is done HUM vs CPU, it must all be done H2H. Forget for a second that glaring issues still exist like the punting bug and QBA and just focus on the massive changes to the feel of the game that came about via the patches. This game is so darn vanilla right now. The physics engine was basically removed, I mean it is stunning to go back and play the OOTB version and see how much better and more diverse the tackling is, the DB/WR interaction, the pass rush, etc. Right now every team feels the same, every QB feels the same, every tackle feels the same, almost every game feels the same. The CPU has never been weaker on All Madden than it is right now. I'd won something like 15 straight games post-patch on default All Madden before I shelved the game. First game using OOTB settings on default All Pro I lost by 21. The game is dinged right now if you're an offline gamer.

This development is a first with Madden and brings a new element of uncertainty to the series. As consumers, what are we supposed to do? We were initially given a really fun, challenging and diverse game OOTB. Post-patches/updates, the game is far worse than it was in August both visually and in terms of gameplay. I don't know how anyone can trust the dev team, bless their intentions, as there's nothing stopping EA from pulling the rug out from underneath the offline crowd again with '18 even if it's not intentional.

I agree 100% with every word. This basically how I feel. Specially after going back to OOB version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 04:31 PM   #36
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
This issue wasn't fixed because some guy whined he lost 100K on a game of Madden. ALL THE PLAYERS KNEW OF THIS ISSUE GOING INTO THE TOURNAMENT. DJones in a moment forgot this glitch was in the game because he started to fall off. So no the issue the was not fixed because DJones complained to Madden that he lost the championship over this fix. Also you're really gunna tell you wouldn't complain that you just got 100K taken away from you because of a stupid glitch that shouldn't be in the game? Please, no you wouldn't.

And I watched the Madden Classic final the night it aired it was not cheese. It was pretty sim football. The only thing that really wasn't sim was SpotMePlz going for it on 4th down. And I brought it up in a Twitch stream I was watching the next day. And the streamer said that coaches if they were playing with a 4 minute clock they probably wouldn't punt the ball either. So in reality you could actually debate whether that move by SpotMePlz was actually sim or not.
I have to disagree with you. I watched the replay on youtube. There is a lot of cheese in that game. Stuff that would get you booted pretty fast in our league.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:34 PM   #37
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

I have not purchased Madden new in the last 3 cycles. What has burned me is how the wind arrow was backwards for years and still was this year until it was patched again. Also for years they were determining winning % incorrectly because 5th grade math is too hard and that too took years to finally patch. Lastly the sim community has been ignored for years... penalties, injuries to Oline guys, slider explanations... all things clamored for years by the sim community and routinely ignored.

The writing has been on the wall for a while.

I simply refuse to pay for Madden new. Besides... it always takes a month or two for the first patch. So I just wait a month or so and easily find a used copy on the cheap. That is already my plan for next year. Heck... this year I found a used copy 1 week after release!

The one reason I am not as bothered by the monopoly and ignored community in Madden is that they NEVER GET TO HAVE MY MONEY.

Next year? Penalties won't all work, Oline guys will still be invincible, the wind arrow will need to be patched again, QB accuracy and it's slider will be an issue, QB scrambles will be an issue in some way just like it is each year, playoff seeding will still be messed up, there will still be too many ties and other anomalies in the sim engine... same as it ever was.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Oh, I think you get bothered Iced, even with a used copy of Madden.

The title update before this one you went on a pretty good rant here and complained on Twitter to Clint regarding the punting into the wind issue.

I only pay 25 bucks for my day 1 new Madden, but that doesn't mean I'm not vocal about things I don't like about the game. I feel I have just as much say as someone who purchased the game at full price.

Last edited by roadman; 12-13-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #39
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Oh, I think you get bothered Iced, even with a used copy of Madden.

The title update before this one you went a pretty good rant here and complained on Twitter to Clint regarding the punting into the wind issue.

I only pay 25 bucks for my day 1 new Madden, but that doesn't mean I'm not vocal about things I don't like about the game. I feel I have just as much say as someone who purchased the game at full price.
Hah, well that's true. I get bothered. Maybe I was being a little absolute. Maybe what I mean to say is I'm not bothered since my money personally will never again contribute to the sales of this franchise. My ranting in the last thread was more to do with Clint claiming the fix was coming and then it turning out not to be there, which left many of us feeling betrayed over the punting issues. (I think also Clint learned a lesson on staying mum in the future)

That's great you have access to a cheap day 1 copy. I didn't mean for it to come across as anyone should have more or less say than anyone else. As sports and gaming lovers our hearts and souls go into this as much as hard earned money. But for me I just can't contribute financially to the sales numbers of a game that is run by those who have ignored the sim community for years.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Hah, well that's true. I get bothered. Maybe I was being a little absolute. Maybe what I mean to say is I'm not bothered since my money personally will never again contribute to the sales of this franchise. My ranting in the last thread was more to do with Clint claiming the fix was coming and then it turning out not to be there, which left many of us feeling betrayed over the punting issues. (I think also Clint learned a lesson on staying mum in the future)

That's great you have access to a cheap day 1 copy. I didn't mean for it to come across as anyone should have more or less say than anyone else. As sports and gaming lovers our hearts and souls go into this as much as hard earned money. But for me I just can't contribute financially to the sales numbers of a game that is run by those who have ignored the sim community for years.
I understand where you are coming from and if I had a nickel for everyone that said they won't be contributing to the bottom line of EA, I think I would retire rich. One person drops out, another one replaces you.(not you specifically Iced)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »