Home

Possible Workaround For Punting Glitch

This is a discussion on Possible Workaround For Punting Glitch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Possible Workaround For Punting Glitch

Supersim the CPU's first punt, then play all subsequent CPU punts as normal. Found this by accident and it works for me regardless of the wind speed. Latest game I played was with 12mph wind speed and the CPU even managed to pin me in on the five yard line. Don't know if it'll work for anybody else.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Possible Workaround For Punting Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty White
Supersim the CPU's first punt, then play all subsequent CPU punts as normal. Found this by accident and it works for me regardless of the wind speed. Latest game I played was with 12mph wind speed and the CPU even managed to pin me in on the five yard line. Don't know if it'll work for anybody else.

I'd be curious to see if this might work. I was wondering if we might be able to fix one glitch with another glitch. Its happened before. What if super simming then jumping back into the game stops the wind completely? It could happen. But we would need some more proof of course.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #3
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

If this works this will be huge!

I have been super siming all CPU punts into the wind to avoid this issue, I miss being able to return all punts on my own. I love trying to do returns, I can even occasionally get one back for a TD.. this punting glitch has been making me avoid one of the more fun parts of a game.

I'll test this when I'm home from work too, I hope it works for me as well.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

(hopefully CleveClubby sees this, I'd bet he will be the #1 fan of this workaround)
Old 12-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Discovered this by accident. I was getting the problem with CPU punting so turned to simming them all. Was playing one game where the first punt was the usual rubbish. Simmed the second punt but then forgot to sim the third punt. Could hardly believe what I saw. Been doing it since and it works for me every time. I play on Coach Mode using Josh's set but I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference. It would be interesting to see if this works for anyone else.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:25 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

How I wish it did work. I would be thrilled if it did. This is a huge huge major issue to me, It is crucial to the outcome of many games. I have tried this several times. I have tried everything I can think of a hundred times. Don't work for me. It only affects the team facing the wind at the time. It changes every qt. And even simming don't fix it. As I said so many times, if you keep track, simming don't really change the affect, you just don't visualize it. But in my case it is usually the same short punt result. But if it works for you, That's awesome and congrats. Wish I could get that result for myself. Like I said, I have spent months trying to find a reasonable work around from changing players ratings, sliders, everything I can think of. I did play a game the other night in Cleveland and for some reason it came up with 0 wind and the punting worked perfect.. So there is no question the wind is the problem.So what really peeves me off is the fact this is such a simple fix and EA could have fixed it long ago with a simple button to turn of the wind.

Last edited by CleveCluby; 12-14-2016 at 05:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »