Home

Running game

This is a discussion on Running game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Running game

Please someone help I'm having a hard time running on all pro don't also can't figure out if going up or down on the slider which one should help don't matter who I use or what team the hole to run is there but I seem to run into the lineman over and over is there a fix for this?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Running game

The key is being patient. Let your blocks develop, don't hit the turbo until you clear the second level, and use the R1 button when changing direction while you are making your way through the front 7.
Also, before the snap, look at the gap leverage between the O and D lineman. O linemen will look from their inside shoulder out for who to block, and if they're uncovered, they'll either help with a double team or fire out towards a linebacker. When running inside, I always look to run behind the guy who goes for the backer or look for a cutback lane if that closes up.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
The key is being patient. Let your blocks develop, don't hit the turbo until you clear the second level, and use the R1 button when changing direction while you are making your way through the front 7.
Also, before the snap, look at the gap leverage between the O and D lineman. O linemen will look from their inside shoulder out for who to block, and if they're uncovered, they'll either help with a double team or fire out towards a linebacker. When running inside, I always look to run behind the guy who goes for the backer or look for a cutback lane if that closes up.
So does changing sliders actually help?

Old 12-16-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

I personally have never messed with any of the sliders, and I play on all pro.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #5
Rookie

That's the level I'm on also but can't run lol

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Also have problems stopping the pass

Old 12-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #7
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

As far as stopping the pass goes, it depends on what kind of defense you normally play: man, zone, cover 2, cover 3, etc... you really should be mixing it up as far as those defenses go, and if you don't user an LB on defense, you should really learn how to. Playing good defense in the middle makes people hold on to the ball longer than they are used to, and that leads to sacks and forced throws into coverage.
Learning how zone defenses use reciever counts is a major part of being effective. Here's a link to how the zones work:https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...-zone-coverage
Towards the bottom, you'll find how to read offensive formations by reciever counts.
Here's a link to a video I found very useful when taking reciever counts into consideration with how the zones in madden 17 work: https://youtu.be/Ez0rLybruck
I also suggest subscribing to that channel...
There's more to cover, but I hope this is a good start for you. If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask...
Old 12-16-2016, 07:22 PM   #8
Rookie

I do try to play as LB but a lot of times when I user them I'm too far out if position and give up a big gain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »