Home

Are CFM sliders functional? A definitive thread.

This is a discussion on Are CFM sliders functional? A definitive thread. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Are CFM sliders functional? A definitive thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
I have re-started my offline franchise with ALL PRO user defeated only sliders, since on ALL PRO I won 3 straight super bowls, and the game is much more realistic and tougher in my experience.

You won three straight superbowls and you call THAT realistic? Lol
Old 12-17-2016, 07:38 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
You won three straight superbowls and you call THAT realistic? Lol
Read carefully, then post. I began using sliders since winning 3 straight Super Bowls was not realistic on All Pro...
Old 12-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #11
MVP

Definative sliders. Lol. What would we do with our time? Talk to our wives?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 08:54 AM   #12
MVP

underdog13's Arena

I mean the sliders all have an affect on the game. Some like run blocking work perfectly fine. Several others like qb acc technically "work" but the effect felt is very minimal.

I agree with Roadman to visit the slider forum. And read up on theories. Personally while I probably disagree with most of them. If you believe in them then it doesn't matter what I believe.

Also another note, the sliders aren't flipped, and it isn't like one step in the code and all the sliders work backwards. That's not how it works. I don't remember a year where the sliders were actually backwards.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2016, 09:55 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I mean the sliders all have an affect on the game. Some like run blocking work perfectly fine. Several others like qb acc technically "work" but the effect felt is very minimal.

I agree with Roadman to visit the slider forum. And read up on theories. Personally while I probably disagree with most of them. If you believe in them then it doesn't matter what I believe.

Also another note, the sliders aren't flipped, and it isn't like one step in the code and all the sliders work backwards. That's not how it works. I don't remember a year where the sliders were actually backwards.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
They don't work at all, maybe WR Catching is the exception. The others are broken. Just take a look at Flazko's True Simulation Set : QB Acc, Pass Block, Tackling, Run Blocking, Pass Reaction & Coverage are at 1. I can run for 100+ yds, have a good pocket, etc etc.

There is almost no differences between 1 and 100. How it's possible to have something at 1 and still working ??

It was not perfect before but that has been completely messed up and I'm not sure that EA know what they're doing.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:01 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
They don't work at all, maybe WR Catching is the exception. The others are broken. Just take a look at Flazko's True Simulation Set : QB Acc, Pass Block, Tackling, Run Blocking, Pass Reaction & Coverage are at 1. I can run for 100+ yds, have a good pocket, etc etc.

There is almost no differences between 1 and 100. How it's possible to have something at 1 and still working ??

It was not perfect before but that has been completely messed up and I'm not sure that EA know what they're doing.
Those are AM sliders, correct?

The game has been tested for several years on all-pro.

If you put penalty sliders above the low 50's, you will have a penalty infested game.

I think it depends on what level you are playing on. Most of the sliders work well on all-pro, if I played on all-madden, pro or rookie, I'd say they were out of whack too.

There is still a lot of code under the hood that we, as gamers/outsiders, don't know what is under the hood.

Last edited by roadman; 12-17-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #15
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

I've played a lot of CFM under both All-Madden and All-Pro. We have a 8 man league and we've done both. We've tried default and custom sliders. Personally, I think we've had the best results on default All-Madden. On Default All-Pro we were consistently beating the computer and beating them badly. Scores were not even close and stats were insane. I had a year where I ran for like 3,200 yards with a second year running back. Another guy had a year where he threw for 2,500 to Tavon Austin. Another player threw for 65 TD's with Carr. Then we switched to All-Madden and our good players still win quite a bit. I went 16-0 three straight seasons and won the Super Bowl in two of them, but my scores were closer than AP. For us, playing the moments has fixed a lot of the issues. I've enjoyed playing the moments more lately, especially on All Madden because it's always a tight situation and a high difficulty. I know it's not the same experience but I still have enjoyed it more than playing the full game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 04:02 AM   #16
Rookie

Elphalpha's Arena

My experience has been pretty good. Flazko's sliders have been the best fix for me. Some games are going to be unrealistic and sometimes the AI will overpower me and others I will win. You just have to work harder to find a good set this year and play some more games to get a definitive answer. Don't play one game and decide that's it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »