Home

Old 12-17-2016, 01:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Super Sim confusion

I'm new to the Madden series. Just bought 17 for my PS3. I can see where we can super sim the game (by play all the way to the end of the game) but I was wondering if you can call the offensive or defensive play but the game sims the play...each single play.

Is this even an option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Super Sim confusion

Yes you can. You have to go to super sim.. Then hit the square button and set the setting to slow. then simply chose jump to next play...Hope this helps. I don't think there is a quick way for you to call plays though, It can be done I believe but it would be really time consuming.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Ok, so I go to Super Sim and all I'm going to see is that football field, several different color blocks signifying pass, run, etc...and just text of each play?

There isn't a way to call the plays as a coach and let the game sim it while you actually watch the players on the field "sim" your call?

Just realized something.....I have the PS3 Madden 17....are there differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions?

Last edited by acctingman; 12-17-2016 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:53 AM   #4
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

What you are looking for I believe is coach mode. If you go into the setting at the main menu you can turn on coach mode and this will allow your QB to make plays on his own. That way you can see your players make the plays on the field while not having to control it yourself after you call the play.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Old 12-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Well, I must be doing something wrong

I go into offline franchise mode....pick my coach and when I go to the first preseason game and pick the play I have to still control my QB and whatever defensive player is highlighted.

The few videos I've seen online I see screen that I don't see on my screen. I see options of "jump to play" and no where do I see that on my PS3 version.

I'm wondering if there are limitations to the PS3 version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 09:52 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

I believe from previous iterations in coach mode you still have to snap the ball (qb would then run the play) and perform all kicks. So it really isn't a true coach-only mode, if it works like prior versions
Old 12-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Maybe the disconnect here is that the feature of siming in slow mode is only available for current gen consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »