Home

What features from NCAA would you like to see implemented in future Madden games?

This is a discussion on What features from NCAA would you like to see implemented in future Madden games? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #17
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What features from NCAA would you like to see implemented in future Madden games?

Some stuff that hasn't been said....

College All-Star game: NCAA 98' had the East-West shrine game and Madden 07' even had the Senior Bowl. Would be a great feature in order to try out players before the draft.

ESPN/Sports Illustrated - Reading the news feed in Madden is like reading a bunch of junk mail. Completely unorganized and thrown at you like a bunch of pop up ads. However, I thought the way NCAA organized the weekly news in a weekly ESPN/Sports Illustrated magazine was very creative. Of course, this goes to the larger issue of just having a weekly studio show like NFL 2k5. It's been 12 years since NFL 2k5 and we still haven't seen a weekly highlight show?

ESPN TV style presentation - I've given up trying to figure out why in all these years, Madden has never had an authentic TV presentation in the form of FOX, CBS (which EA had in NCAA Basketball 10), NBC (which EA has now in NHL series), ESPN (a license EA has had since taking it away from 2k after NFL 2k), or even NFL Network (which EA has somewhat used in the Head Coach series).

Teambuilder - It would be nice to be able to make custom uniforms and jerseys, just sayin...

In my opinion, coaching carousel is definitely the biggest feature missing from Madden that was in NCAA. I just don't understand how EA was able to feature real life assistant coaches in Madden on the PS2, but never carried over that feature to the 360/PS3, and even now to the XB1/PS4 genre. It sucks having generic coaches who's names can't be edited. I would like to see coordinators get promoted to head coaches and vice versa, head coaches get fired and become coordinators again. It would add a lot more creativity to franchise mode.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #18
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What features from NCAA would you like to see implemented in future Madden games?

A couple off the top of my head:
  • The ability to edit coaches, their aggression, run/pass ratio, etc. as part of the roster file in the main menu. This was SO huge in offering gameplay tweaks that were team-dependent. This would actually be number one on my list.
  • Ability to change teams' conferences/divisions within franchise modes...even if it is just at the beginning of a franchise.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:18 PM   #19
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
  • The ability to edit coaches, their aggression, run/pass ratio, etc. as part of the roster file in the main menu. This was SO huge in offering gameplay tweaks that were team-dependent. This would actually be number one on my list.
This would be awesome

Heck it's not even an Ncaa specific feature, ps2 Madden's had this. And it spiced up the cpu playcalling / style.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 02:41 AM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I'll pick one feature for Franchise and one for MUT:

Coaching staffs are incredibly under-represented in Madden right now, so I'd have to go with the coach skill tree concept, offensive and defensive coordinators, and the coaching carousel to get into Franchise.

As for MUT, I will likely continue to ignore the mode entirely (even though it's pretty playable as a single-player mode at this point without spending any money) until I can build my own team with their own uniforms in their own stadium, as opposed to dressing up a random collection of NFL players in a random NFL uniform and play in some unrelated stadium with a third team's on-field graphics. To that end, TeamBuilder for my MUT squad would be awesome.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #21
Rookie

An expanded coaching carousel would be a dream come true!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2017, 10:47 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
  • Ability to change teams' conferences/divisions within franchise modes...even if it is just at the beginning of a franchise.
+1 on the ability to set things like run/pass splits, etc. It'd be nice if they not only implemented that concept, but improved it as well. I'd like to be able to edit every coach, for example, in-season, to default toward a bell-cow or a committee or a hot hand approach with the running backs.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #23
Rookie

cdh72469's Arena

OVR: 5

Easy. A Teambuilder Type option that allowed to add or replace teams. This would be great to use to recreate legendary teams like the '51 Rams, '66 Packers, '68 Jets, '69 Chiefs, '72 Dolphins, '76 Raiders, '77 Cowboys, '78 Steelers...well you get the idea! Include old stadiums and/or a stadium builder.

Heck, if we can add teams maybe we could create our own NCAA game in the new generation madden engine. I can imagine a league of the Power 5 conferences, 64-70 teams, setup a playoff, upload field markings, etc. Hey a guy can dream.

2. A conference realignment feature.
3. Playoff customization.

Last edited by cdh72469; 01-05-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #24
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh72469
Easy. A Teambuilder Type option that allowed to add or replace teams. This would be great to use to recreate legendary teams like the '51 Rams, '66 Packers, '68 Jets, '69 Chiefs, '72 Dolphins, '76 Raiders, '77 Cowboys, '78 Steelers...well you get the idea! Include old stadiums and/or a stadium builder.

Heck, if we can add teams maybe we could create our own NCAA game in the new generation madden engine. I can imagine a league of the Power 5 conferences, 64-70 teams, setup a playoff, upload field markings, etc. Hey a guy can dream.

2. A conference realignment feature.
3. Playoff customization.
so much of this the NFL won't allow in the game. The NFL shut down the create-a-team feature, although legendary teams as you mentioned would be a cool compromise.

Conference re-alignment, playoff customization, or anything messing with the current NFL set-up will be quickly shot down though.

I like the stadium builder idea. I miss when they had that in this game actually. Picking features when rebuilding a stadium was really cool, much better than the generic option of like 8 stadiums.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »