Home

What view (camera) is everyone playing on

This is a discussion on What view (camera) is everyone playing on within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2017, 09:48 AM   #17
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What view (camera) is everyone playing on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
It's been in the game since Madden 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYAU557Vd-0&t=0m41s
Whoa. I thought the sideline camera was stationary. I didn't know tout could rotate it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #18
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
In my opinion it is really fun to play in that camera angle. Feels a lot more like football because you have to actually do your assignment due to the limited visibility.
Yes i agree. Its more an emmersive feel on defense to me. Personally i really wish we could get a hybrid of the d camera and the camera angle that was used on madden 10 online co-op , but with the camera alittle closer to head height , just behind defender, with ability to look around your player with left stick or right stick. That to me would be ultimate.Something about being that close to the action on field, along with seeing the stadium and crowd from field view, really makes you feel like your playing on an NFL field , in an NFL game.

I really miss that camera from madden 10

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 01-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #19
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
I have just gotten the game Tuesday ( for the first time ever) so I'm not used to any angle at the moment. That might work to my advantage?

Yes, just start out playing with that view and dont bother with another view on defense, you will be so glad you did once you get the hang of it. Thats really more than half the battle, if your not used to a view already, it will make that adjustment easier for you. Most give up after a few plays of trying to use it because their mind is so set and used to the opposing view and they give up easily.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 01-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #20
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Yes, just start out playing with that view and dont bother with another view on defense, you will be so glad you did once you get the hang of it. Thats really more than half the battle, if your not used to a view already, it will make that adjustment easier for you. Most give up after a few plays of trying to use it because their mind is so set and used to the opposing view and they give up easily.
So it's really the sideline angle and I just have to move the left stick to see from behind the Defense point of view?

Old 01-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #21
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame59
So it's really the sideline angle and I just have to move the left stick to see from behind the Defense point of view?

no , not at all, its not a sideline view , You have no control over the camera moving, that happened in the video you saw , as the camera auto moves the angle based on the player you are usering, and if you switch to a new player, camera angle changes .I believe to try to keep your player your usering and ball in screen so you can always see the ball well . But the defensive camera is a camera behind the defensive players.

What your thinking there is the sideline view is when they guy is usering the DE at start, but its really just from that angle so you see the player and the ball, as he moves to LB , camera rotates behind him , so ball is still seen with player too.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #22
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
no , not at all, its not a sideline view , You have no control over the camera moving, that happened in the video you saw , as the camera auto moves the angle based on the player you are usering, and if you switch to a new player, camera angle changes .I believe to try to keep your player your usering and ball in screen so you can always see the ball well . But the defensive camera is a camera behind the defensive players.

What your thinking there is the sideline view is when they guy is usering the DE at start, but its really just from that angle so you see the player and the ball, as he moves to LB , camera rotates behind him , so ball is still seen with player too.
Oh ok. I've been cycling by using the Dpad down. I'll have to try and find the D cam when I get home from work. I really do appreciate all of this info. Thanks!

Old 01-08-2017, 09:29 PM   #23
Rookie

Tomgun's Arena

I use the default camera slightly tilted up but last night against the Falcons I did something I never do.. I usered my CB J. Bradberry as he was covering WR J. Jones and I had switched cameras to the defensive one and was nervous as hell and as you of expected.. Jones burned me up-field and Ryan throws deep.. I create an angle between Jones and the Ball.. boom user intercept haha was fun but I think I kind of fluked that one
Old 01-09-2017, 11:56 AM   #24
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

If you really want a challenge and want to make player development and ratings matter more try playing in the defensive camera with a strict true no switch.

If I choose to be the MLB on a play.....I stick to my assignment and pursue the play. I never switch to the nearest defender. It makes you rely on your CPU teammates that much more. It truly makes my CFM far more immersive in terms of scouting talent in the draft, and player development. Awareness and play recognition mean that much more in my CFM's since I rely on my teammates to make tackles and plays on the ball and ball carrier as I am not switching to the nearest defender.

Trust me.....once you start playing vs the CPU this way you will be far more challenged, have a more rewarding CFM experience and you may learn a lot about certain positions and their assignments.

I play all over the field but mainly in my Raiders CFM play as either Mack, Aldon, Irvin, or my FS or SS......sometimes I will play as my #1 CB in a critical moment when I feel like they will target their #1 WR....I let the CPU stick with the WR then take control if the pass comes my way either ball hawking to swat the pass away or playing the WR if my CB get's slightly beat on a pattern and keeping him in front of me for a tackle.

It just takes the game to a new level of immersion/realism, playing this way in the defensive camera view.

Try it out! It takes patience and practice....but once you get the hang of it you will never go back to default/switching defense. You will find the CPU running game exists and the game will become a lot more about gameplanning, playcalling, ratings and player management then about stick skills.

Now don't get me wrong.....you still need great stick skills controlling your chosen player. But your button mashing and switching which IMO and many other players....neuters the CPU and the AI can't over come it. Some will say just play All-Madden.....I say try this on All-Pro with a solid slider set and see how it goes for 8-10 games.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »