Home

Schemes, Do they even matter in M17

This is a discussion on Schemes, Do they even matter in M17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2017, 07:03 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Schemes, Do they even matter in M17

I have not noticed a difference based on scheme in gameplay only by attribute increases. 16 was different in that the overall changed a lot when you choose different schemes and they got xp which resulted in them improving faster which made them play better. I am not saying scheme doesn't matter this year but I have been unable to see a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2017, 08:53 AM   #26
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I have not noticed a difference based on scheme in gameplay only by attribute increases. 16 was different in that the overall changed a lot when you choose different schemes and they got xp which resulted in them improving faster which made them play better. I am not saying scheme doesn't matter this year but I have been unable to see a difference.
Thanks man. I probably should have tested it out in more 17, before posting. Bummer they took a step backwards in that aspect. Between schemes and player traits, they were on to something pretty awesome under the hood there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Thanks man. I probably should have tested it out in more 17, before posting. Bummer they took a step backwards in that aspect. Between schemes and player traits, they were on to something pretty awesome under the hood there.

Linebacker style may be the key to getting at least linebackers to play different. It may even have an affect on other positions. I don't believe anybody has done any testing on it.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:16 PM   #28
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Linebacker style may be the key to getting at least linebackers to play different. It may even have an affect on other positions. I don't believe anybody has done any testing on it.
I'd like to say it's helping my ROLB and MLB, pretty much lead the way in tackles. Since they are run stoppers. Same with my CB'S in man coverage. I'm playing ootb, and it definitely seems player ratings matter alot.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #29
Rookie

Do schemes affect ratings, or just the overall?

Like say I have "Man To Man" set as my scheme for cornerbacks. Does it boost their man coverage and press ratings?

I think schemes should be like that if they aren't. They seem pretty pointless to me. I have 3-4 scheme players on my 4-3 defense and a 3-4 defensive end is leading my team in sacks.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:12 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Funk and Wagnal's!

Woah... just got brought back to my high school days in the 90's for a second there.

Also schemes only affect the way a player's overall appears TO YOUR TEAM. Otherwise it has no effect on gameplay affects on the field or to XP earnings. Any perception that it does is placebo.

This changed in M17 and has been confirmed by the Dev's.
It also effect the goals of your players.... For example, if you running 3-4 scheme the goal of your DEs will be tackles and OLBs sacks. If you running 43, its the other way around.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:58 PM   #31
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Completely wasted code in the game at this point. The team schemes and the player schemes do almost nothing. Would be nice to see players above don't fit schemes play extra poorly because you're playing someone in the wrong scheme.

Nnamdii Asomugha is an excellent example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1

dont schemes affect goals?

im assuming a run stopper lb has a target of tackles not sacks like a 3-4 pr?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »