Home

What is the benefit of playing on All Pro and is there a way to make it challenging?

This is a discussion on What is the benefit of playing on All Pro and is there a way to make it challenging? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What is the benefit of playing on All Pro and is there a way to make it challengi

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I play CPU v CPU mode and the ONLY sliders and difficulty that has given me any kind of realistic consistency is:

All Pro - Default ...everything at 50. I did bump up kicking power to 65 and lower kicking acc to 35 but that's it.

Fatigue 50
Speed Threshold 50
Injuries 50

All penalties 50
All sliders 50

The only other two things I have done are use TDawgs XP sliders and I've used Josh's Coaching Scheme settings so teams play to their real life tendencies. Like Dallas a running team, Patriots West Coast, Falcons Passing game, etc.
Can you post a link to the coaching scheme thing?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-09-2017, 06:10 PM   #10
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What is the benefit of playing on All Pro and is there a way to make it challengi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
Can you post a link to the coaching scheme thing?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...7-sliders.html
Old 01-09-2017, 07:19 PM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I can't stand All Madden (too much computer BS), and All Pro is too easy. I've been using different sets of sliders, which help a lot.

Sometimes, it really is luck of the draw. I have a theory that the CPU decides your challenge before a game even starts. Usually 1-3 games a season are a real challenge, with one score margins of victory or defeat. 1 game a season is a sure fire loss...like your entire team forgets how to function. A couple times a season, you fire on all cylinders.

As such, I have a few 27-24 or so games, a 10-17 point loss, and a few blowouts every year. Its completely random. I could crush the Giants 48-10 in week one, and then in week 6 they beat me 34-20.

how to make it tougher
Sliders are a big help.

Don't use "money plays." There are some plays that just work, like 90% of the time. The rule I use is to limit these plays. For example, say HB Counter out of Ace Twins gets a minimum of 8-10 yards. By rule, I can only use it 5 times in a game. I can use it that many times, because true to football, if it works you will continue to use it. I use the same for defense, aside from the "base play." If I practiced cover 2, I can use it more often. Same if its cover 3, cover 9, etc.

I also made a rule that I MUST use each formation in the offensive playbook every week. It stops me from using the 4-5 formations with only the best plays.

I noticed that these rules, at least offensively, really limit ridiculous production. It makes the game feel more real too, due to a wide variety of plays/formations.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #12
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Pretty simple really...

Play vs people in a SIM league. To this day I do not see the appeal of playing A.I.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 01-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #13
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I've always been perpetually stuck in All Pro too easy, All Madden too hard, so I get that frustration. But for those that like PTM, it helps keep both levels interesting. In the end though, it still comes down to me winning way to many super bowls on All Pro, and having trouble sniffing the playoffs on All Madden. I was planning on playing reg season on All Pro and playoffs on All Madden, but the season is too long for it to get boring without a challenge. So I came up with an idea that I really like so I thought I'd share.

Home games - All Pro
Away games - All Madden

I'll probably still go with playoffs all on All Madden to make winning in the playoffs a true challenge. But by splitting the difficulty by home/away, it makes half the season too easy, and half the season too hard. And the fact that its split home vs away, it simulates a home field advantage. When you win a game on All Madden (ie steal a game on the road), it simulates going on the road and stealing a game you weren't supposed to win. And playing All Pro at home, if you lose, you know that you have to steal a game on the road to make up for it if you want to make the playoffs. The 50/50 split helps with keeping stats in check as well.

Overall, I really like this setup. Wondering if anyone else does anything like this.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:25 PM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I played over 200 games in my CFM's on All-Madden. I had gotten use to most of the games being one score games, and put up with advantages that the CPU got. I finally reached my breaking point with the ratings not being respected on that level and decided to go back and try All-Pro default, which I hadn't played since August.

I'm mad now that I played so many games on the level that still cheats(not as much as it use to, but still a lot) Everything was better, tackling animations, WR/DB interactions, way less shifting into position. I find that playing on fast, and using the generic playbooks helps the gameplay experience, IMO.

I literally don't know any money plays or exploits, so I don't have to have any gameplay house rules. I threw 5 picks and 3 pick 6's in my last game. In the back of my mind I must have been thinking that I would walk through the CPU on default All-Pro after playing all that time on All-Madden. I'm glad to see that that isn't going to be the case.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #15
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I've always been perpetually stuck in All Pro too easy, All Madden too hard, so I get that frustration. But for those that like PTM, it helps keep both levels interesting. In the end though, it still comes down to me winning way to many super bowls on All Pro, and having trouble sniffing the playoffs on All Madden. I was planning on playing reg season on All Pro and playoffs on All Madden, but the season is too long for it to get boring without a challenge. So I came up with an idea that I really like so I thought I'd share.

Home games - All Pro
Away games - All Madden

I'll probably still go with playoffs all on All Madden to make winning in the playoffs a true challenge. But by splitting the difficulty by home/away, it makes half the season too easy, and half the season too hard. And the fact that its split home vs away, it simulates a home field advantage. When you win a game on All Madden (ie steal a game on the road), it simulates going on the road and stealing a game you weren't supposed to win. And playing All Pro at home, if you lose, you know that you have to steal a game on the road to make up for it if you want to make the playoffs. The 50/50 split helps with keeping stats in check as well.

Overall, I really like this setup. Wondering if anyone else does anything like this.
I was going to do something similar. I was doing 3-4 all-madden games a season, but the BS involved with the AI was just too infuriating. I still have the 1-2 All-Pro games where the computer decides "nah, you lose this week," which makes those a bit challenging. Still though, 14-2 or 15-1 every year is ridiculous. I've lost one playoff game in 4 seasons, and have 3 super bowls.

I'm working with sliders. 13-3 or 12-4 would be much more realistic, considering my roster (team is 86 overall).

When I used the Rams, .500 was difficult. So team rating may have a HUGE impact (as it should, really), but then again that was when I first bought the game and had to get used to it.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I was going to do something similar. I was doing 3-4 all-madden games a season, but the BS involved with the AI was just too infuriating. I still have the 1-2 All-Pro games where the computer decides "nah, you lose this week," which makes those a bit challenging. Still though, 14-2 or 15-1 every year is ridiculous. I've lost one playoff game in 4 seasons, and have 3 super bowls.

I'm working with sliders. 13-3 or 12-4 would be much more realistic, considering my roster (team is 86 overall).

When I used the Rams, .500 was difficult. So team rating may have a HUGE impact (as it should, really), but then again that was when I first bought the game and had to get used to it.
I have tried so many ways to get a game that is balanced between realism and difficulty. I don't think it is possible. That is why I sim most of my games. That works in the regular season but in the playoffs siming almost always means a loss. Play the moments gives a good game if you skip all moments when your in the lead but then the games go super fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »