Home

Scouting points (M16, PS3)

This is a discussion on Scouting points (M16, PS3) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Scouting points (M16, PS3)

I haven't had the discretionary funds to justify upgrading from my PS3 to an Xbox One or PS4, but my understanding is that at least the distribution of scouting points is the same or similar across the two generations of consoles.

I know this isn't really anything that anybody here can probably give me an answer for (unless there are EA devs lurking), but I needed to vent about the rate of giving scouting points vs the cost of scouting traits. If we get 200 SP per week (after purchasing the Expert Scout trait for the coach), but lose half of our current SP each week, it's mathematically impossible to ever get past 400 SP, but the Overall, Durability, Development, and Clutch traits costs 500 SP to scout. Why even include those traits if it's completely impossible to scout them? To add insult to injury, on the last-gen consoles, we don't get the ability to add prospects to a Watch List or any combine numbers.

I'm torn between feeling even more pressure to drop $250-400 on a new system and just going back to an older version of Madden and never giving EA another dime.

/endrant

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting points (M16, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedphurst
I haven't had the discretionary funds to justify upgrading from my PS3 to an Xbox One or PS4, but my understanding is that at least the distribution of scouting points is the same or similar across the two generations of consoles.

I know this isn't really anything that anybody here can probably give me an answer for (unless there are EA devs lurking), but I needed to vent about the rate of giving scouting points vs the cost of scouting traits. If we get 200 SP per week (after purchasing the Expert Scout trait for the coach), but lose half of our current SP each week, it's mathematically impossible to ever get past 400 SP, but the Overall, Durability, Development, and Clutch traits costs 500 SP to scout. Why even include those traits if it's completely impossible to scout them? To add insult to injury, on the last-gen consoles, we don't get the ability to add prospects to a Watch List or any combine numbers.

I'm torn between feeling even more pressure to drop $250-400 on a new system and just going back to an older version of Madden and never giving EA another dime.

/endrant

No it costs like 5 10 and 15 to scout the first second and third attributes. It isn't like in past years when you choose which attribute to scout. It is random.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
No it costs like 5 10 and 15 to scout the first second and third attributes. It isn't like in past years when you choose which attribute to scout. It is random.
Maybe that's how M17 is, but I'm not buying a newer game without also getting a newer console at this point, so I'm still playing M16 on my old PS3, where scouting isn't random, it's too expensive to be very helpful at all, and I get no combine numbers to reference, either.

Edited to correct a faulty auto-correct (scouting vs sitting)

Last edited by hedphurst; 01-12-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedphurst
Maybe that's how M17 is, but I'm not buying a newer game without also getting a newer console at this point, so I'm still playing M16 on my old PS3, where sitting isn't random, it's too expensive to be very helpful at all, and I get no combine numbers to reference, either.

In that case, that is very weird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »