Home

Physical traits, awareness and regression

This is a discussion on Physical traits, awareness and regression within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Physical traits, awareness and regression

I just updated my rosters according to the listed chart. I am trying to create a water to drI've mediocre players out of the league while not regressing every player the same. I did this right after the draft but I think I should do it before advancing from super bowl week to drive players to retirement. It's not so bad doing it this way because it will hopefully lead to players trying to hold on one more year when they don't have it.

Anyway, the chart shows what I add to physical traits (speed, acc, agil, str) depending on age and overall and any player that is 30 or older and under an 80 loses 30 points to awareness. This will hopefully drive most players out of the league before they are playing with high school physicals. It shold open up playing time for younger players allowing them to progress. Believe it or not it does not make everybody useless. I think this represents the nfl in that mediocre players retire earlier than great ones and coaches want to give playing time and roster spots to younger guys when the veteran is average.

On the progression side I think it will limit highly rated players startING with high School physicals. It will allow some players to be the ageless freaks we have seen irl. I am in year four now and at te julius Thomas for example is washing out while marlins Bennett looks to be a player that can go into his 30's. On the pittsburg line pouncey and foster are nott going to make it much past 30 but decastro and gilbert are. If this works like I think it might it will create some unpredictability in my franchise which is my biggest wish.

Any other ideas on how to do this better?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2017-01-09-15-30-34.png (108.9 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by timhere1970; 02-15-2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Fix
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Physical traits, awareness and regression

To edit free agents I had to sign them all, edit them and release them. I thought we could edit free agents. Am I missing something or is it the time of year that I am not able to edit?
Old 01-21-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
MVP

Three seasons into this it seems to be working for the most part. I am seeing most average players out of the league or backups when they get older while I am seeing some players approach their mid thirties still stars with physical tools. It has become a young player and star driven league.

Players on cpu teams are developing because they play and move up the depth chart. No longer is a promising 75 overall young guy forever doomed because he is trapped behind a 76 overall 31 year old with no physical skills. When I went through editing I only saw one starting cb in the league with sub 85 speed. I have also been surprised that some players have bounced back from the awareness hits and actually gotten physical skill increases the next year. Not many, but it does happen so that lends some unredictability. Cpu teams are no longer stocking their teams with backups in their thirties.

Editing has gotten better. The first year took about three hours. I have cut that in half now. I am editing the week after the super bowl, the resign players week which gives cpu teams the ability to not resign bad players. Teams are stuck looking for players in free agency for positions where players have declined. Each team has strengths and weaknesses with a much larger range of overalls than I am used to seeing in madden which let's stars shine more.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:19 PM   #4
MVP

Finished my fifth season and have noticed a few things. Overalls of defensive players tend to be higher than offensive but offensive stats in running game are too high. The nfl had 13 teams with 4000 passing yards last year with one over 5000. My league had 14 over 4000 with one over 5000. The running game is different. Nfl had 5 teams with 2000 yards and I had 9. League leader in sacks was 21.5 so nice. Interception leader was 6.

This was all prepatch with xp sLiders set at 150 for all. What has become obvious is that to get sim results in the sim games is that defensive players need a boost. Raising xp for defensive players seems the obvious path but I don't want the pass game to be restricted anymore. 75 overall wide receivers and running back are perfectly capable of getting 1000 yards but 75 overall linebackers are not capable of stopping the run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »