Home

Coaching Schemes Affect CPU Playcalling

This is a discussion on Coaching Schemes Affect CPU Playcalling within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Coaching Schemes Affect CPU Playcalling

I was playing against the Redskins and notice they were focused just on running the ball instead of being focused on the streength of their team which is the passing game w/ COusins, Garcon, and Crowder, and Jackson. Now, my assumption is this is due to the gameplan feature that always has every team in the NFL focused on the run game. However, I was wondering if the playcalling will be adjusted to a higher pass/run ratio for the pass if for instance, I adjusted the Coaching Scheme from a Power Run scheme to a Spread or Vertical Offense. Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Coaching Schemes Affect CPU Playcalling

Yes, I believe they do...but I also feel they may be mislabeled. I discuss my thoughts and observations in the op of my slider thread (link in my signature).
Old 01-16-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

This is correct. Simply changing your offensive scheme while keeping the same playbook will result in different plays coming up in the suggested plays menu so I assume it is the same for the cpu.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:38 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yes, I believe they do...but I also feel they may be mislabeled. I discuss my thoughts and observations in the op of my slider thread (link in my signature).
Ok, Ill check them out
Old 01-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Josh, question for you. Which of these coaching schemes will adjust a teams run/pass ratio. For instance, in the power run scheme for WAS they are running 60% of the time. So, if I change to a Vertical or Spread scheme will that adjust the pass/run ratio to WAS passing 60% of the time?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Josh, question for you. Which of these coaching schemes will adjust a teams run/pass ratio. For instance, in the power run scheme for WAS they are running 60% of the time. So, if I change to a Vertical or Spread scheme will that adjust the pass/run ratio to WAS passing 60% of the time?

Thanks
I really haven't looked at it that closely, my focus has been more with regards to types of plays called. My gut says that it does not as run/pass ratio has historically been tied to the coach not to scheme.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
This is correct. Simply changing your offensive scheme while keeping the same playbook will result in different plays coming up in the suggested plays menu so I assume it is the same for the cpu.
CPU calls plays from strategy not suggested. You are better off changing the playbook game plan than messing with schemes. I've tried Josh's scheme idea and changed the Vikings to spread and they were still rarely in shotgun formation.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
CPU calls plays from strategy not suggested. You are better off changing the playbook game plan than messing with schemes. I've tried Josh's scheme idea and changed the Vikings to spread and they were still rarely in shotgun formation.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Operation Sports mobile app
Thanks,

It will take forever but I was thinking of creating a pass balance, balanced, and run balanced scheme using each team's playbook to create diversity in case of injuries to their players but also to keep from using the same balanced generic playbooks for each team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »