Home

Let's Clarify Mid-Games Saves??

This is a discussion on Let's Clarify Mid-Games Saves?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Let's Clarify Mid-Games Saves??

When I first began playing Madden 17 on XBOX ONE, I was playing OFFLINE. If I quit a game in mid-game and then turned off the XBOX, when I turned the XBOX back on and loaded Madden 17, I was given the option to resume the game.

However, when I am ONLINE (connected to XBOX Live, but not actually playing an online opponent), if I quit a game, there is no option presented to resume that game. The file "Resume_data" has been saved and can be seen in the "Load-Delete Files" menu, but the file cannot be loaded.

So, it appears to me that I must always be OFFLINE when I play in order to be able to utilize the resume-game feature.

Comments?

Thanks,

Art

Last edited by Art01; 01-19-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Let's Clarify Mid-Games Saves??

Yes, you are right. This is one of the pros to paying an offline franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

But I play an online CFM with two other friends and am able to restart games from where i left off, when I lose connection mid game. Is that different somehow ?

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by GritSnSpeed; 01-18-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
MVP

I play a solo online franchise and can resume games. I can pause the game go to hulu, watch a show and whenever I go back, whether I turn off the xbox or it just goes to sleep I can resume where I left off. A very bright spot in this year's madden.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:27 AM   #5
Pro

Considering the above replies, it now appears that I cannot resume a game if I am Online because I initiated a PLAY NOW game, rather than a Franchise type of game.

I am going to test the various game modes for the in-game save option. I have already noticed that, in order to play Offline, I must abandon my Profile -- which means that I lose my custom game settings.

It appears that the Madden developers have added a very useful feature, but they have limited its use for whatever reasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #6
Rookie

I don't understand, but if you play a game online against a real-life opponent, then of course you can't continue the game later?!?

You can definitely continue a game agains the CPU online whenever you want. I am very happy as due to a bad internet connection I lose the connection almost every 2nd game
Old 01-19-2017, 11:29 AM   #7
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

You can save solo oNline cfm's no questions asked. every time i play madden i use the feature. I play ½ one day, and the 2nd ½ the next generally.

Now, if you have a gave saved, you can not play any other feature of the game, or it will forget about your game in process. it does however notify you of this before allowing you to continue.

Now, this feature does not come without it's flaws. If you have a custom uniform on, it will revert back to the teams original. I was also having issues with saving a game at half, then starting the game back up and then starting the 2nd half, and having no timeouts. That said, if you start the half, then let the game save, this isn't an issue.

Anyhow, there are more issues with it, but the fact is, the game save feature works.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaAut

You can definitely continue a game agains the CPU online whenever you want. I am very happy as due to a bad internet connection I lose the connection almost every 2nd game
Yesterday, I was online and playing against the CPU. I decided to quit at halftime. I wanted to save the game to finish it today. However, I did not see any option to save the game before I quit. I checked every screen. So, I quit the game anyway.

After quitting, I could see the Resume file in the "Manage files" menu, but I could not load the file from that menu.

When I started Madden again, there was no option for me to resume the game. I could only start a new game.

NOTE: I was playing a "Play Now" game, not a Franchise game.

Are you playing "Play Now" games or Franchise games?

If you are playing a Play Now game while online, please tell me how you save an in-progress game against the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »