Home

Offline CFM House Rules

This is a discussion on Offline CFM House Rules within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2017, 12:21 PM   #9
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Offline CFM House Rules

Thanks everyone for the feedback, this is great stuff! Also, kind of sad in it's own way that we need to implement things like rolling dice in order to get some sense of realism in Franchise mode....
Old 01-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #10
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
I do a majority of what has already been discussed but one thing I've been toying with lately is some ideas on making re-signing more difficult. I've never had issues guaranteeing I re-sign any player I want.

Couple ideas I've thrown around is A) letting the CPU do resignings. B) Only allowing myself a tiny increase to the initial offer each week and after 3 negotiations, allowing the player to hit FA.

I've also been thinking of allowing the CPU to draft for me but I think I'd rage at some of the dumb draft decisions I've seen on CPU teams. I just find it too easy to get a full draft of starter or quality backup players myself.
This seems interesting - Do I need to change a setting to have the CPU do resignings? I think it's a setting in the league settings menu but I can't confirm at the moment. Whenever I sim through the re-signing period in the off-season all my players go to FA, so I assume I have to give the CPU control to do this somehow
Old 01-19-2017, 12:54 PM   #11
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
Here are my house rules:

*Trade block trades only (2 trades per season)
So does this mean you A) Only trade for players the CPU puts on the trade block or B) You only put your own players on the trade block you wish to trade and only accept offers you receive. Or both?

I kinda like this, too easy to get a good draft pick for like a future 4th rounder and a 75 OVR player if it fills a position need for the AI team

Last edited by sccavs64; 01-19-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

Currently in week nine of the 2016 season in my Chargers CFM. These are the house rules I've been using so far:
  • The use of Armor and Sword's gameplay sliders and TDawg's XP sliders
  • 15 minute quarters with accelerated clock runoff to 15 seconds
  • "No switch" rule on defense
  • Progress players with XP only after the pre-season, week four, week eight, week twelve, week sixteen, and the off-season
  • No trades within the division
  • No trading away rookies or trading for rookies

House rules I'm thinking about implementing for the 2016-2017 off-season onwards:
  • No switch rule on offense
  • Some sort of limit on audibles and hot routes (one audible per quarter and one hot route per half or something like that)
  • The 3+1 rule for resigning players. However, I might allow myself to go over three if the players are of a low enough overall. Players on my practice squad who are on one-year contracts would be exempt; they would be signed to one-year "futures contracts"
  • Use of the draft pick value calculator for trades and the use of overthecap.com for coming up with more realistic contract offers for free agents

MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 01-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #13
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
So does this mean you A) Only trade for players the CPU puts on the trade block or B) You only put your own players on the trade block you wish to trade and only accept offers you receive. Or both?

I kinda like this, too easy to get a good draft pick for like a future 4th rounder and a 75 OVR player if it fills a position need for the AI team
The only trades I'll do are when I put my players on the block and then the CPU makes offers on them. During the draft, for any draft pick trades I'll use that draft pick value calculator that's in my post.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 01-20-2017, 01:34 AM   #14
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

I remembered a few more. I only control blitzers on defense. Only can trade on trade block or for the draft using the trade up button so I only get one offer.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:09 AM   #15
Rookie

chichoslg's Arena

OVR: 2

Hii

My house rules:
- Team seletion " http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hoose-you.html)
- In defense always select a LB
- Only one audible per play and NO hot routes
- No visual feedback
- I never made manual trades, i put the players in market and see the offers. To buy the same, only players in the block. If I have players with horrible contract the same...in the block or cut..never force a trade.
- Re-sign players to their "Fair Offer", never change years, if i dont like the fair offer, not resign
- In offseason free agency i only make a offer for one player every week and never in the first week. Players that are picked in the FA cant be traded the first year. In season I only use FA if i have a big injury (first i try to use practice squad)
- 15 minute quarters with accelerated clock runoff to 15 seconds, slow speed
- All madden difficult, TDawg's XP sliders, and personal slider Set
- Always simulate training drills (bronze) and develop players after preseason and weeks 4, 8, 12, and 16.
- Manual development of AWR if the player is below 80 (75 for reserves), after that automatic development.
- I created a custom playbook that fix in my scheme

Last edited by chichoslg; 01-21-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 06:05 PM   #16
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

My "management" rules and why. Some are very recently implemented for me, as I'm always looking for a better challenge.

RULE #1: Must maintain at least $15m in cap space (including after penalties)
Reason: This makes it tougher to re-sign the big name guys, making the game a bit tougher. It also leaves a lot of room to improve the team if things go south... IE sign a free agent etc.

RULE #2: Max 2 year contract for players 30 or older
Reason: It really just forces me to re-sign more often, adding a bit of excitement. It also prevents me from getting a "steal" by offering a longer contract, since guys will usually take a smaller salary in those cases.

RULE#3: Must improve AWR and PRC to at least 75 before other skills (same as OP)
Reason: I've really always been a buff on this stuff anyway, because its so key. 85 coverage does very little if awareness is 60. It's just good "coaching"

RULE #4: Cannot make players come back from injury until fully healed
Reason: really, I just don't want them getting hurt. It also forces me to use the backups and keep a decent bench.

RULE #5: Must maintain above closest $100m increment. For example, if I have $100m, I'm not allowed to go below it. If I have more than $200m, not allowed to go below it...etc etc.
Reason: It helps limit big signing bonuses. It's also just good financially. Stadium upgrades are pricey, new stadiums even more so. The more you can save up for those, the better.

GAMEPLAY RULES
RULE #1: Must use every formation at least once
Reason: It avoids sticking to favorites. It really forces you to open up the playbook and use every scheme. It plays more true to life, and forces me to experiment with new plays. I fail more often because of this, which is very realistic (I went from 0-1 punt per game to 2-3). I still have a lot of production, but it's kept me from "video game numbers"

RULE #2: Call a play 3 times max
Reason: Avoids using money plays over and over. Again, it forces me to open the playbook a lot, and curbs unrealistic success

FUTURE
I have a plethora of draft picks, and have for a few years. It was a mistake because my rookie reserve keeps me from being able to sign free agents. I am in the process of starting to trade away those picks. In the future, I will max out at 10 picks total, no more than 5 in the first 2 rounds...and ONLY if I will be rebuilding.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »