Home

Pass Rush

This is a discussion on Pass Rush within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2017, 07:16 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Pass Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
It seems to me that lowering pass block slider triggers the cpu to run way too much.
haven't noticed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteve15
You have to blitz. Mix up zone blitzes, man blitzes. When you blitz also move your line around as well as their slants to overload one side(preferably the weak side). By mixing these up over the course of the game either a blitzer will get through or a d line will be able to get free and make the sack.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Operation Sports mobile app
i do find that if i run a bunch of creative blitzes in the first quarter, the OL can start to have issues with a four man pass rush later in the game.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:24 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitoba450es
This is too funny. Two years ago the pass rush was broke because everyone was getting too many sacks.
Some games I get zero, some games I get 7. Probably average is about 2 or 3. That's controlling the LOLB. Sometimes I control the ROLB if my left side is in pass coverage.
Time your jump, time your pass rush move, joystick left or right if the OL is leaning on you one way and get around him.

Lots of times of get hits on the QB or his pass is gone before I get there but that's football.

Sometimes I can't generate any pass rush at all against good OL. Sometimes i feel bad for the beating the other QB takes.

It's pretty bang on I find. I don't want my players beating the sack record every season

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2 Years ago the pass rush was good and better then now the problem and reason you would get so many sacks is because the CPU would refuse to pass the ball and so you would get a lot of sacks because of the CPU taking like a year to make a pass. In real life if a QB would take like 10 seconds to pass the ball like they did in the game that year then QB's would be getting sacked a lot more in real life then they do. Heck if QB played like that in real life most likely QB's would be playing at most like 12 games has they wouldn't stay on the field taking so many extra hits they don't need to take.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:58 PM   #19
MVP

I played a game tonight where I was only bringing three and usering one of them and got six sacks. All bUT one sack came on a three man rush. The other came on play action. When I brought four got the instant throw aways when I shed the linemen or hit the divery button. When I brought three the qb would hold onto the ball longer.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #20
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

I have a really good team and a really good set of sliders. I get a good pass rush mostly because I like to bluff blitz and move my LBs around a lot. I've found that mixing up my playcalling dramatically gives me the best results.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-03-2017, 10:09 AM   #21
Rookie

I use the Arik Armstead on the 49ers exclusively on defense.

When I played my third season in my CFM in December I had about 15 sacks at the end of the season.

Started fourth season in middle of January and I have two games left and he's only at 7 sacks and I would say my schedule is easier this year then it was last year.

So I went from having almost a sack a game with him to maybe lucky to get a sack every other game this season. Not sure if that was addressed in a patch or hotfix, but it seems pretty ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »