Home

Madden NFL 17 Patch #9 Available Now, Full Details Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Patch #9 Available Now, Full Details Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2017, 05:36 PM   #57
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Patch #9 Available Now, Full Details Here

It is what is is. EA's job is to make money and MUT is the cash cow. The NFL's job is to make money and maximized video game revenue by giving an exclusive license to EA.

The economics just don't seem to be there to push this in any other direction. CFM is an embarrassment as an immersive single player franchise mode, but its time to accept that this just isn't the goal of the mode.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:42 PM   #58
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
If Plessy vs Ferguson taught us anything
Okay, you've lost me: what the heck does a Supreme Court decision from 1896 which was reversed in 1954 have to do with Madden NFL the video game? This is not a politics or civics forum.

Quote:
Sure they are 2 different teams but who do you think gets the bigger chunk of the budget?
Franchise. Unquestionably. I know this for a fact based on conversations with the people I work with who possess first-hand knowledge of how the Madden development team has operated over the past several years.

MUT basically runs itself with the exception of a small-ish content team, that team which creates new cards / sets / events / etc. Madden Mobile has a separate content team which keeps that game running. When there are new features to implement such as chemistries, MUT has its own engineers as well, but not as many as other modes.

Franchise on the other hand requires an engineering team for any feature work / bug fixes to happen and is fully-staffed full-time. Franchise remains split between the Tiburon team in Florida for most of the client-side work, while the satellite office in Austin handles the vast majority of the server-side stuff.

The development bottleneck for both modes is a shared UI/UX team, which has dominion over the UI/UX of the entire game. For Madden 17, the UI/UX team was focused almost entirely on adding new screens and fixing existing screens in Franchise.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 01-26-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 3

Wish this would fix the freezing issue in CFM, which makes the game freeze on a starting games loading screen every ****ing time I sign free agents and do changes to my roster.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #60
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Madden NFL 17 patch #9 has just arrived, check out the full details below.

Madden Ultimate Team
  • Added a new tile to MUT Seasons that displays your Season progress including past opponents and scores.
  • Added Playoff presentation and night games to MUT Seasons.
  • Added visual feedback whenever certain chemistry abilities are used in MUT.
  • Addressed a bug that would not show you the low contract flow when exiting a MUT Seasons game.
Gameplay
  • Fixed an exploit that would let users block field goals at a high rate.
  • Added user presentation banners that display whenever a successful skill move is performed.
Is that all they added?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteve15
I would pay 5 dollars a month for them to make CFM a priority. If that's what it takes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Operation Sports mobile app
Me too.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #61
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I'm still playing every day I can ootb. Totally enjoying it, but I most likely will be downloading the big February patch. If anything it will be like playing like a new and different football game.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
We'll see. After these last few patched having "unintended" consequences my faith is quite low.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #62
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

A small thing they added with this Patch was adding more User skill move banners. So instead of just showing things like "User Pick", it now shows things like, "User Finesse Move", "User Truck", or "User Juke" when you successfully execute one of those moves.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #63
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
We'll see. After these last few patched having "unintended" consequences my faith is quite low.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
Yeah I'll definitely wait on feedback first. I'm curious to hear if the is any effect on this patch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
A small thing they added with this Patch was adding more User skill move banners. So instead of just showing things like "User Pick", it now shows things like, "User Finesse Move", "User Truck", or "User Juke" when you successfully execute one of those moves.
I noticed this while playing and think it's redundant and that it adds unnecessary "noise" to the screen.

I mean, if I'm on offense and I spin and succeed, don't I already know that it's a "user spin?" And if I am a rusher on defense and I conduct a successful rush move, don't I already know that it's a "user finesse move?"

It's not a game-killer, but I'm wondering 1) How many people are confused enough about who is doing what in their game that they need a banner to confirm who did what re: user moves, or 2) How many people have small enough egos that they need them stroked by recognitions of every successful button press they perform?

Other than that minor annoyance, my CFM game is playing out normally. I'm not seeing any immediate negatives in game play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »