Home

Madden NFL 18 Will Transition to the Frostbite Engine

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Will Transition to the Frostbite Engine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 09:38 PM   #25
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Will Transition to the Frostbite Engine

I expected M18 to be run by Frostbite...I can definitely imagine an improvement to animations, uniforms and how they interact with the player model, general physics, and such....Also, if Battlefield 1 is any indication of ability and quality of the engine, if the Goodyear Blimp crashes onto the field, it will be an awesome sight..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 09:41 PM   #26
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I expected M18 to be run by Frostbite...I can definitely imagine an improvement to animations, uniforms and how they interact with the player model, general physics, and such....Also, if Battlefield 1 is any indication of ability and quality of the engine, if the Goodyear Blimp crashes onto the field, it will be an awesome sight..
Or if the field explodes during the kickoff return like in Dark Knight Rises
Old 01-31-2017, 10:37 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Anybody that plays FIFA religiously that can say how much it changed that game outside of visually? Was it still all pretty much the same animations and such or did that completely change?

I ask because if they're still going to be dealing heavily with the "legacy code" that has plagued things for the last ten years then this isn't going to make much of a difference. If it allows them to start fresh and build certain aspects from the ground up, namely OL play and the passing game, then it could be great.
FIFA 17 is the worst FIFA of all time. The coding is horrible. The ball moves in unrealistic ways to bend to a character. Just look at some of the videos on youtube that talk about the awful ball AI this year. If that is an indication of what Frostbite does for sports games, look out Madden.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:40 PM   #28
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It will be better of course, but as has been mentioned, how big a leap they make will be partially determined by how much more of the problematic legacy coding they are able to strip out during this development cycle.

Regardless, I'm excited by this news, I expected it to be another year off.
I thought they would have to re-write the code for a new engine. Is that not the case with this?

Watch me play video games
Old 01-31-2017, 10:43 PM   #29
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
FIFA 17 is the worst FIFA of all time. The coding is horrible. The ball moves in unrealistic ways to bend to a character. Just look at some of the videos on youtube that talk about the awful ball AI this year. If that is an indication of what Frostbite does for sports games, look out Madden.
Lol. Might wanna play the game before you post dumb stuff.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:19 PM   #30
Rookie

issaknife's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
I've heard the exact opposite, and from the little bit of gameplay I've seen, it looks like a good game. Also, no way in hell is it worse than fifa 14. That game was pure garbage.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2017, 11:35 PM   #31
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Can't wait to see what the Frostbite engine brings to Madden 18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 11:37 PM   #32
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Well this was obviously coming ever since the announcement FIFA had moved to Frostbite. Please be worth picking up.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »