Home

Madden NFL 18 Will Transition to the Frostbite Engine

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Will Transition to the Frostbite Engine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 07:53 AM   #65
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Will Transition to the Frostbite Engine

Sideline players with generic bodies and no jersey names ....2017 cmon man ....player faces and draft pool players should get more realistic faces
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Here is one person's prediction on what the frostbite engine might enhance on Madden, and this person used to be a Developer on Madden:

My prediction on Frostbite's effect? Better lighting, better sidelines. Otherwise, very little difference.

ie, don't get your hopes up that frostbite will enhance better gameplay and CFM.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #67
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Here is one person's prediction on what the frostbite engine might enhance on Madden, and this person used to be a Developer on Madden:

My prediction on Frostbite's effect? Better lighting, better sidelines. Otherwise, very little difference.

ie, don't get your hopes up that frostbite will enhance better gameplay and CFM.
I agree with this. Fully expect stadium, crowds, sidelines and lighting to be better, equipment may even look better. But at the end of the day it will be the same madden we've known
Old 04-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

That's about all I expect. Maybe the game feels a little different with respect to running but outside of that, I still expect long time legacy issues to be around. Mass Effect gave me a clue. While that game is better in the areas you named, and the movement is a little different, the legacy A.I with many of the enemies tends to be a rinse and repeat.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:36 PM   #69
Pro

They need to bring back the extra point show, when you finished the week, you press Y/🔺 and Fran Charles and Alex Flanagan go over scores of the week and stats and awards.
That was Madden 10, but they should bring it back.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

I guess there's very little chance we finally see differences in qb play or behavior on the field even with this new frostbite engine?

You'd think at some point ea would find a way to finally give us dynamic qb play

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I guess there's very little chance we finally see differences in qb play or behavior on the field even with this new frostbite engine?

You'd think at some point ea would find a way to finally give us dynamic qb play
Careful now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #72
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

From my understanding the engine itself does nothing about any of that. However since every single EA sports game would be based of the same engine each development cycle will have more resources to make all other things better. Again that doesn't mean EA even knows how to do something this important just that they'll be in a better position to do so.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »