Home

Trade advice

This is a discussion on Trade advice within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #9
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Not saying "don't do it," but keep cap penalties in mind. The more trades you make, the more penalties you take. That something to keep in mind if you are planning to make trades on trades
For this trade, cap penalties should be minimal if he's just trading Carr. Most of Carr's contract will incur a cap penalty, but he's getting paid peanuts, so it won't make much of an impact. The guy trading Harris Jr and Anderson has cap penalties to worry about.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but once he gets Harris Jr and Anderson, wouldn't he be able to trade them without incurring any additional cap penalties because he wouldn't have paid them any signing bonuses that get accelerated onto his cap (i.e. they will only have nonguaranteed salary left on their deals once the Broncos get rid of them)
Old 03-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #10
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
biggest problem with draft classes is too many good QB.
In my offline league I go through and down them manually. Switch their dev to slow etc. I also keep the current older QB's ratings up (Big Ben, Eli, Rivers etc.)
Old 03-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #11
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I would take the deal in a second. Harris is a great CB and you can use any QB and win. Myself I don't even care about Anderson, he doesn't impress me. I'm a Broncos fan and use them in Madden, so I know what both can do. I don't know why the other guy would want Carr anyways, the Broncos have a couple of good Qb's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2017, 07:55 PM   #12
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
For this trade, cap penalties should be minimal if he's just trading Carr. Most of Carr's contract will incur a cap penalty, but he's getting paid peanuts, so it won't make much of an impact. The guy trading Harris Jr and Anderson has cap penalties to worry about.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but once he gets Harris Jr and Anderson, wouldn't he be able to trade them without incurring any additional cap penalties because he wouldn't have paid them any signing bonuses that get accelerated onto his cap (i.e. they will only have nonguaranteed salary left on their deals once the Broncos get rid of them)
I didn't consider this part. I honestly don't know, I just assumed there was a cap penalty on each player, even if you traded for them.

Major Boise State fan
Old 03-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Dynasty
In my offline league I go through and down them manually. Switch their dev to slow etc. I also keep the current older QB's ratings up (Big Ben, Eli, Rivers etc.)
i do that too.

also when a player reaches his fourth season, if he's not reached 83 OVR, i knock him down to allow for that team to draft someone new.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:53 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

you are correct Spy
Old 03-07-2017, 10:37 PM   #15
Rookie

Depends on you mostly I think. If you are fine using a backup or if you are in the offseason and can just draft a QB immediately...might as well take the trade. Perhaps try to see if you can snag a draft pick or another midtier position that you do need instead of CJ Andersen. For example...if you typically control an OLB on defense...see if he has a backup that is young and fits your prototype of players that you control that you can build up but he might not value as much and would be willing to part with.

In a situation like that...you would get a top tier corner and a midlevel player at a position you value that you could build up into a beast.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »