Home

After all the patches, how good is this Madden from a sim-gamers standpoint?

This is a discussion on After all the patches, how good is this Madden from a sim-gamers standpoint? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2017, 07:50 AM   #1
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
After all the patches, how good is this Madden from a sim-gamers standpoint?

Want to get into this game again.

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2017, 08:29 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: After all the patches, how good is this Madden from a sim-gamers standpoint?

I'm pretty invested now. I think there was a dark-ages period between the October patch and its subsequent (partial) correction. During that period, I lost a lot of steam. Now, though, I'm back at it and after finishing a 5-season SF CFM run, I'm running another keeper franchise until the next game drops.

I haven't been this happy this late in the cycle in a while. I normally only play The Show this much.

There are still some frustrating things about the game, but from my perspective as a sim, offline-only CFM gamer, the game is as good as it's ever been for me.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: After all the patches, how good is this Madden from a sim-gamers standpoint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm pretty invested now. I think there was a dark-ages period between the October patch and its subsequent (partial) correction. During that period, I lost a lot of steam. Now, though, I'm back at it and after finishing a 5-season SF CFM run, I'm running another keeper franchise until the next game drops.

I haven't been this happy this late in the cycle in a while. I normally only play The Show this much.

There are still some frustrating things about the game, but from my perspective as a sim, offline-only CFM gamer, the game is as good as it's ever been for me.
Pretty much this.

If you're a sim gamer, this is one of the best Madden games to date. There is even supposed to be one last patch coming to fix some minor issues created by the last patch (which was for the most part an awesome patch).

Plus, it should be easy to grab a used copy super cheap somewhere. I say go for it.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Icon14 Re: After all the patches, how good is this Madden from a sim-gamers standpoint?

Quote:

Looking forward to this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Pretty much this.

If you're a sim gamer, this is one of the best Madden games to date. There is even supposed to be one last patch coming to fix some minor issues created by the last patch (which was for the most part an awesome patch).

Plus, it should be easy to grab a used copy super cheap somewhere. I say go for it.
I just now in my 2nd season with SF and I must say it plays really well. It been a while since a game offline has challenge me this one has. It like playing online. I hope M18 is as this good with the offline CFM. The scout process reminds me of NCAA 17 recruiting process!
Old 03-11-2017, 05:16 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

The game is good and difficult for someone wanting it to be. I do get frustrated at some things (I seem to turn it over way, way too often if I have a lead), but the game will last me through the summer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2000
Looking forward to this!

I just now in my 2nd season with SF and I must say it plays really well. It been a while since a game offline has challenge me this one has. It like playing online. I hope M18 is as this good with the offline CFM. The scout process reminds me of NCAA 17 recruiting process!
It took me 5 seasons to win the SB with SF, which is an eternity in Madden.

I've subsequently settled on AM difficulty, which extends the life of the franchise even further by making the CPU more potent on offense. If you're interested in slider stuff, I'm using King's most recent AM version in the blog--give those a look.

And enjoy using those DL. I won a DPOY with Buckner and made a couple of Pro Bowls, and I also put up 1-2 really nice seasons with Armstead in the pass rush.

Old Man Bowman was stellar for me, averaging 140 tackles, 3-5 sacks, and 3-5 picks per year. Also, Reid made 4 straight Pro Bowls at FS.

Lots of fun!
Old 03-11-2017, 10:37 AM   #7
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
It took me 5 seasons to win the SB with SF, which is an eternity in Madden.

I've subsequently settled on AM difficulty, which extends the life of the franchise even further by making the CPU more potent on offense. If you're interested in slider stuff, I'm using King's most recent AM version in the blog--give those a look.

And enjoy using those DL. I won a DPOY with Buckner and made a couple of Pro Bowls, and I also put up 1-2 really nice seasons with Armstead in the pass rush.

Old Man Bowman was stellar for me, averaging 140 tackles, 3-5 sacks, and 3-5 picks per year. Also, Reid made 4 straight Pro Bowls at FS.

Lots of fun!

After reading rise about the rebuild. I going with either the vikings, colts, or bucs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Trojan Man, do you find that you need to set any house rules to keep things competitive using King's sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »