Home

Wait a minute...does the CPU adapt to your players in CFM?

This is a discussion on Wait a minute...does the CPU adapt to your players in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 12:32 AM   #9
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Wait a minute...does the CPU adapt to your players in CFM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
They do adapt to what you're doing via the game planning/training feature that you do every week.

Just like you see data on how much inside/outside run an opponent does, who their leading producers are, what their most frequent pass concepts are, etc., the CPU also sees that data and trains accordingly.
I don't want to be a buzzkill or too much of a negative nancy but I think that's giving that feature far more credit than it deserves. The data that is collected and displayed is exclusive to first down plays as well as limited strictly to first down plays from the previous week. Also, the data that is shown for CPU teams is completely contrived and static meaning it won't ever change from 2017 to 2047, regardless of stats, personnel, coaches, etc. I'm not entirely sure how the CPU decides what to GamePlan each week but just going off how common it is for the game to provide nonsensical gameplans based on the data, I'd be willing to bet it likely does the same for the CPU.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:41 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I don't want to be a buzzkill or too much of a negative nancy but I think that's giving that feature far more credit than it deserves. The data that is collected and displayed is exclusive to first down plays as well as limited strictly to first down plays from the previous week. Also, the data that is shown for CPU teams is completely contrived and static meaning it won't ever change from 2017 to 2047, regardless of stats, personnel, coaches, etc. I'm not entirely sure how the CPU decides what to GamePlan each week but just going off how common it is for the game to provide nonsensical gameplans based on the data, I'd be willing to bet it likely does the same for the CPU.
Oh well. It was a good theory, but I'm an empiricist, and if it's true that the data displayed never changes, then it doesn't matter how much I want my theory to be true .

I wonder if the CPU has access to the data on the HUM profile displayed in the playbook when calling plays. That data establishes what you call and how many yards each play averages.

In any case, thanks for weighing in. I'm a little bummed, but what can you do in the face of facts?
Old 03-16-2017, 01:33 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have noticed a similar thing in that my mobile QB as a rookie ran for a touchdown in his first three games and had nearly 75 yards on the ground in both of them. Now whenever I run with him, no matter what there are two or three guys waiting for him as soon as he starts moving from the pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »