Home

Is it possible to run against All-Madden CPU?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to run against All-Madden CPU? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 06:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it possible to run against All-Madden CPU?

I've been having such a hard time running against the all-madden CPU post-patch. It just seems like my line gets instantly shed, no matter who I'm using. I even went and created a super team offline to do some practicing and see if it was just me or what, but I'm still getting barely 2-3 yards per carry before a LB just block sheds and blows me up. I'm making sure to not hold turbo until I hit a hole. I'm trying to follow my blocks. Does anyone have any advice on what I could do differently? This is happening out of the supposedly great running formations too... Strong/Iform Tight, Gun Trey open, etc. The only one that managed to work somewhat decently was the Sback Jumbo Pair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Is it possible to run against All-Madden CPU?

My running game has dried up post patch on AM as well.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Yeah I struggle running on AM since the patch too.

I have run block at 65, and CPU tackle at 50. I play as the Pats and have an awesome O-Line, they all have 82-92 pass block skill, and my RB is Tevin Coleman (I'm in the year 2020).

I should do decent, but I struggle. I can get 4-5YPC some games, if I break one off. But for the most part I get like 3.5 YPC and 1 TD. In real life Coleman averages 4.5 easy.

But All Pro is too easy for me, so I stick with AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

What I was doing pre patch is still working post patch. I simplify my runs and basically try to get the defense matched to my strong side and run opposite.

I also use a lot of read option as it gives the o-line a lot of zone blocking while holding the defensive end to the QB so it provides a nice cut back lane for the RB to pick up yards.

I rarely use traditional running formations as I typically don't run well with those.

Not sure if that helps or not.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feros Ferio 7
What I was doing pre patch is still working post patch. I simplify my runs and basically try to get the defense matched to my strong side and run opposite.

I also use a lot of read option as it gives the o-line a lot of zone blocking while holding the defensive end to the QB so it provides a nice cut back lane for the RB to pick up yards.

I rarely use traditional running formations as I typically don't run well with those.

Forgot to mention I'm using All Madden with sliders set to 15 for human run blocking and CPU defense sliders all set to 100.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feros Ferio 7

I have a quick question, have you ever seen the cpu DE go for the running back on the read option? In all the times I've ever run it the DE plays the QB every time. Seems like this play is broken if they NEVER go for the running back.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:07 PM   #7
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I've played CFM almost exclusively this year. I was wondering why my running game just seemingly didn't generate as much yardage anymore. I chalked it up to regression. Obviously the patch has played a role. Luckily, the past few times I've played, I've been able to generate some pretty good yardage again, but it requires patience, the right o-line, and the right defensive matchups, which I guess is not all that different from the NFL. If a team is stacking 8 in the box, trying to run it straight up the middle is not going to be the best idea unless you have an insanely strong bruising back.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 03-14-2017, 09:28 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

I racked up 120 yards with Bell earlier on All Madden

Try mixing things up..CPU does a lot of counters if you run the same play over and over

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »