Home

Wait a minute...does the CPU adapt to your players in CFM?

This is a discussion on Wait a minute...does the CPU adapt to your players in CFM? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 22
Wait a minute...does the CPU adapt to your players in CFM?

I have a Rookie RB for my Jets who was tearing things up early in the season, I mean he was looking like the second coming of Tomlinson..yet as I play more games, it got tougher for him to keep having these monster games, and his production decreased every game..or is it just me?

Take a look

Game 1 - 228 Yards 7.9 AVG, 3 TD
Game 2 - 190 Yards 5.9 AVG, 2 TD
Game 3 - 154 Yards 5.7 AVG, 2 TD
Game 4 - 145 Yards 3.9 AVG, 0 TD
Game 5 - 97 Yards 6.1 AVG, 0 TD
Game 6 - 92 Yards 4.6 AVG, 1 TD
Game 7 - 67 Yards 2.7 AVG, 1 TD
Game 8 - 65 Yards 2.7 AVG, 0 TD
Game 9 - 42 Yards, 1.8 AVG, 0 TD
Game 10 - 40 Yards, 2.8 AVG, 0 TD
Game 11 - 37 Yards, 2.9 AVG, 0 TD
Game 12 - 18 Yards, 6.0 AVG, 0 TD

Note* I play all my games on All Pro
* My offensive line healthy and everyone on the line is rated above 80 overall.
* I'm a balanced type guy, so later on in the season I'm literally finding no holes, and if I do it's quickly clogged up..

My big games was against teams like the Steelers and Patriots yet I struggle against the browns...?

Any clue what causes this?

Edit; He's a 77 overall speed back with 96 speed and 94 acceleration..

Last edited by OGKing; 03-12-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Wait a minute...does the CPU adapt to your players in CFM?

Would be so cool if true but no idea if it is? It would prove that cfm is not just a series of play now games!

Sent from my F3111 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
I have a Rookie RB for my Jets who was tearing things up early in the season, I mean he was looking like the second coming of Tomlinson..yet as I play more games, it got tougher for him to keep having these monster games, and his production decreased every game..or is it just me?

Take a look

Game 1 - 228 Yards 7.9 AVG, 3 TD
Game 2 - 190 Yards 5.9 AVG, 2 TD
Game 3 - 154 Yards 5.7 AVG, 2 TD
Game 4 - 145 Yards 3.9 AVG, 0 TD
Game 5 - 97 Yards 6.1 AVG, 0 TD
Game 6 - 92 Yards 4.6 AVG, 1 TD
Game 7 - 67 Yards 2.7 AVG, 1 TD
Game 8 - 65 Yards 2.7 AVG, 0 TD
Game 9 - 42 Yards, 1.8 AVG, 0 TD
Game 10 - 40 Yards, 2.8 AVG, 0 TD
Game 11 - 37 Yards, 2.9 AVG, 0 TD
Game 12 - 18 Yards, 6.0 AVG, 0 TD

Note* I play all my games on All Pro
* My offensive line healthy and everyone on the line is rated above 80 overall.
* I'm a balanced type guy, so later on in the season I'm literally finding no holes, and if I do it's quickly clogged up..

My big games was against teams like the Steelers and Patriots yet I struggle against the browns...?

Any clue what causes this?

Edit; He's a 77 overall speed back with 96 speed and 94 acceleration..
I was thinking the same thing about my rookie rb with the colts. He has the same ratings as you in speed/acc *ball park* Anyways the first 2 games I played I had 194, and I think 190. I run alot of sweeps, tosses, and wildcat.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think they adapt to your play calling over time. If you call the same plays over and over or follow a similar routine, they will adapt and shut that down. They also do gameplan against you. I have a decent but not great QB (I think he's rated 80 in his 3rd year), and the CPU will stack the box against me a good amount of the time. Until I can force them to play 2 safeties back, running will be difficult.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

They do adapt to what you're doing via the game planning/training feature that you do every week.

Just like you see data on how much inside/outside run an opponent does, who their leading producers are, what their most frequent pass concepts are, etc., the CPU also sees that data and trains accordingly.

You can have as many as 4-5 dominant games using a limited scheme if your talent allows you to do so, but if you don't become scheme-versatile and if you don't involve multiple players from multiple formations via multiple calls, you'll start getting shut down.

I love the way this plays out this year. It makes for a great chess match.

Playing on AM intensifies the effect, and you have to get more creative to have prolonged success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
They do adapt to what you're doing via the game planning/training feature that you do every week.

Just like you see data on how much inside/outside run an opponent does, who their leading producers are, what their most frequent pass concepts are, etc., the CPU also sees that data and trains accordingly.

You can have as many as 4-5 dominant games using a limited scheme if your talent allows you to do so, but if you don't become scheme-versatile and if you don't involve multiple players from multiple formations via multiple calls, you'll start getting shut down.

Playing on AM intensifies the effect, and you have to get more creative to have prolonged success.

Thanks man, I knew it!!

I knew I wasn't going crazy..that's so damn awesome
Old 03-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

Except for the CPU those numbers never change and are linked to their playbook. They'll have the same percentages the entire time throughout the CFM. I'm not sure if they can see your tendencies, but I would think not if they don't actually track the CPU's calls.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

try I Form Hulk Power 0
formation sub so best Oline are centre and weak end of line
flip the play to run to weak side

vs some defences you can get blown up and i accept that, but in the same game you can get an 75 yd td run. has worked with hyde/coleman/mackinnon and any number of rookie hbs

if bored dont flip it or change to iso. the defence loads the box with 9 usually. i have np saying 8 oline, fb/hb ie im running just stop me.
then again i played rugby. gets better when you have oline that are all 85 +

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »