Home

Madden NFL 17 Title Update 11 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Title Update 11 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2017, 02:00 AM   #73
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 17 Title Update 11 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I'd like to get involved with tweeting Clint. Focus on the positives. Push for ideas what to make it better.
I have a twitter account. But never really tweeted before.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
1. Sign up for Twitter
2. Type stuff in a text box
3. Click "Tweet"

It couldn't be any easier. It's a great medium to interact with developers. Just be courteous and constructive. No different than providing feedback here.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 03-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #74
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

also id like to note this, as in 6 seasons this madden ive not seen this not 1 time. In our league , after the update a owner had a Offensive Linemen get hurt with a pectoral tear..... first ive ever seen this in this madden.Has anyone ever seen one before that patch? Just curious.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 03-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
also id like to note this, as in 6 seasons this madden ive not seen this not 1 time. In our league , after the update a owner had a Offensive Linemen get hurt with a pectoral tear..... first ive ever seen this in this madden.Has anyone ever seen one before that patch? Just curious.
I am sure that happened on a fumble and during a tackle. It happens. But it won't happen on a regular play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2017, 05:00 PM   #76
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Tiburon can't fix a problem if it doesn't actually exist.
Maybe Tiburon doesn't see it as a problem?

Now I can't speak so much for CFM and Play Now, but the AI system is capable of being used to create a desired effect.. This is very prevalent in MUT Challenges; it is a staple of the MUT system to have the AI play a particular way to force the user to win by design, and to create challenge and that tense game experience..

For example - if the challenge involves the user to score in under 2:00 minutes, the start score for user will typically be 6 points below the CPU score, so a TD is required and the extra point leaves the CPU with just a FG needed to win...IF the user doesn't use all the clock, the CPU comeback ability is absurdly good; typically if the CPU has more than ~40 seconds left, you can expect a FG and a loss...

Now, why would this type of AI scripting be necessary? Well, follow the money...MUT is about making more money...That money is made through selling card packs...How can a company sell more product? By making the consumer believe they need it...So, you lose challenges in MUT and the user can be led to believe they just need better players.. Well, you could grind out challenges to earn coins and win player card packages, but you have to win first, so still the user is to believe his team needs to be better "now" to win, so buy player packs... The fact that money is involved is enough to be suspect in regards to rubber banding or comeback engine play... Just follow the money trail...

I have a 92 OVR MUT team, and in a challenge currently available in the Limited Time challenges, against the Raiders, they have an 83 OVR team with a skill level of AP...I can't score too early, and many times I can't make the win. If I score too early, you get a lot of what I mentioned above; a great drive to a FG..Now, I have beaten the challenge, but I have also replayed it multiple times for practice and just to see what I can and can't do against the AI, and I am more likely to lose than win on a per game basis..

For example, the MUT Raiders Corner Sean Smith (85 ovr), 84 speed, 81 M2M - going against my 96 OVR WR Emanuel Sanders (w/chems active) 93 speed, 96 route running, as an example, cannot beat Sean Smith in M2M cover on streak and fade routes.. The CPU will not allow this to happen - UNLESS, I manipulate the AI with route adjustments at the LOS to confuse the CPU....So the game teaches users to manipulate the AI to win..

Now, on Rookie and Pro, the above example matchup would result in a win for Sanders, all day, and it happens..From AP and AM though, the AI is set to not only be more difficult obviously, but to manipulate events in game to achieve any challenge desired..And in MUT you usually have to face AP and AM levels to get the big player cards and rewards.. I assume that such manipulation is not as prevalent in CFM and Play Now because the game situations are broader and thus harder to control, but in a set MUT Challenege, where the game specifics and goals are already outlined for the user, the AI can be made to present any effect desired.

Note - This is merely my observations and opinions, nothing more..I have no concrete proof except for what I have presented above; theory..

ANother issue to consider - Ratings, not that diverse..THus the difference between 84 speed and 93 speed, for example, isn't much of a gap; but the numbers leave people "believing" there is a gap, and thus also would create the mentality that they need to purchase better players, even with slightly better numbers..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 03-23-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:39 PM   #77
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

For me, MUT is a whole different ball of wax and something I don't play, so, obviously, I'm not able to comment on it.

Someone did ask Clint a few days ago about momentum and the AI and basically, what Clint said was there is no such thing in Madden as far as momentum is concerned. The only thing that plays out is dice rolls and fatigue to a certain extent.

I'm assuming they were referencing CFM.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:55 PM   #78
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
For me, MUT is a whole different ball of wax and something I don't play, so, obviously, I'm not able to comment on it.

Someone did ask Clint a few days ago about momentum and the AI and basically, what Clint said was there is no such thing in Madden as far as momentum is concerned. The only thing that plays out is dice rolls and fatigue to a certain extent.

I'm assuming they were referencing CFM.
I can understand not playing MUT....I'll just say, it would seem that Clint has a vested interest in saying what he says to the public. Just like people at EA still state that certain ratings matter, like strength for the OL, but still tests prove otherwise..

Ultimately it will be the same as always - we will have people with opposing beliefs/opinions, so we shall leave it alone, and hope CFM in M18 is improved for the overall enjoyment of the fans.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 03-25-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:53 PM   #79
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Maybe Tiburon doesn't see it as a problem?

Now I can't speak so much for CFM and Play Now, but the AI system is capable of being used to create a desired effect.. This is very prevalent in MUT Challenges; it is a staple of the MUT system to have the AI play a particular way to force the user to win by design, and to create challenge and that tense game experience..

For example - if the challenge involves the user to score in under 2:00 minutes, the start score for user will typically be 6 points below the CPU score, so a TD is required and the extra point leaves the CPU with just a FG needed to win...IF the user doesn't use all the clock, the CPU comeback ability is absurdly good; typically if the CPU has more than ~40 seconds left, you can expect a FG and a loss...

Now, why would this type of AI scripting be necessary? Well, follow the money...MUT is about making more money...That money is made through selling card packs...How can a company sell more product? By making the consumer believe they need it...So, you lose challenges in MUT and the user can be led to believe they just need better players.. Well, you could grind out challenges to earn coins and win player card packages, but you have to win first, so still the user is to believe his team needs to be better "now" to win, so buy player packs... The fact that money is involved is enough to be suspect in regards to rubber banding or comeback engine play... Just follow the money trail...

I have a 92 OVR MUT team, and in a challenge currently available in the Limited Time challenges, against the Raiders, they have an 83 OVR team with a skill level of AP...I can't score too early, and many times I can't make the win. If I score too early, you get a lot of what I mentioned above; a great drive to a FG..Now, I have beaten the challenge, but I have also replayed it multiple times for practice and just to see what I can and can't do against the AI, and I am more likely to lose than win on a per game basis..

For example, the MUT Raiders Corner Sean Smith (85 ovr), 84 speed, 81 M2M - going against my 96 OVR WR Emanuel Sanders (w/chems active) 93 speed, 96 route running, as an example, cannot beat Sean Smith in M2M cover on streak and fade routes.. The CPU will not allow this to happen - UNLESS, I manipulate the AI with route adjustments at the LOS to confuse the CPU....So the game teaches users to manipulate the AI to win..

Now, on Rookie and Pro, the above example matchup would result in a win for Sanders, all day, and it happens..From AP and AM though, the AI is set to not only be more difficult obviously, but to manipulate events in game to achieve any challenge desired..And in MUT you usually have to face AP and AM levels to get the big player cards and rewards.. I assume that such manipulation is not as prevalent in CFM and Play Now because the game situations are broader and thus harder to control, but in a set MUT Challenege, where the game specifics and goals are already outlined for the user, the AI can be made to present any effect desired.

Note - This is merely my observations and opinions, nothing more..I have no concrete proof except for what I have presented above; theory..

ANother issue to consider - Ratings, not that diverse..THus the difference between 84 speed and 93 speed, for example, isn't much of a gap; but the numbers leave people "believing" there is a gap, and thus also would create the mentality that they need to purchase better players, even with slightly better numbers..

For the first time in any madden game, I actually played a lot of MUT this year vs CPU, exclusively. So, I know the types of challenges you're describing, and I saw the big differences between rookie/pro (super easy) and all-pro/all-madden (harder, but mostly beatable within 1-2 tries), and I know what u mean about the tough comebacks with 40 seconds left. I started going out of bounds at the 1 if I happened to be scoring on the first play of any challenge. Lol. So, I could run more plays to run clock. And, I have believed in 'scripted' games in CFM, before. But, honestly, I think Clint is telling the truth. I don't think they really have scripting. And, in terms of the MUT challenges, the difficulty often does come from the amount of time left. It's the situation that manipulates things. How many times have u heard a real live announcer say, 'they might've scored too early, here' late in a game only to have the opposing team drive for a game winning TD or FG. I've played enough crazy games vs CPU at this point that I KNEW madden wanted me to lose, lol, only to comeback and eek out a crazy winner. I finally lost my 'conspiracy theory' hat after a couple of those. Lol. And, I don't blame u or anyone for thinking that, as I have in the past as well. But, I finally believe they've actually just created a pretty good game that can actually be tough. I play the same team 10 times, I might kill em 8, lose 1, and maybe have another close one, or something. I really think there is enough random chance in the play calling and gameplay to allow for a tough INT here and there, and/or a couple good QB plays from the CPU that beat me every once in awhile. But, the MUT thing, specifically, yeah, they set up the challenges to be easy, easy, easy, and then hit u with a tough one. All to want better cards, etc, but imo, it's setup by the time limit and score. That's all they need to make it hard enough. And, that does include giving too much time so u have to defend some to win the challenge. But, I no longer believe in the 'madden cheat' or 'scripting'. And, believe me, I used to curse at madden ALL THE TIME for cheating!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #80
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
For the first time in any madden game, I actually played a lot of MUT this year vs CPU, exclusively. So, I know the types of challenges you're describing, and I saw the big differences between rookie/pro (super easy) and all-pro/all-madden (harder, but mostly beatable within 1-2 tries), and I know what u mean about the tough comebacks with 40 seconds left. I started going out of bounds at the 1 if I happened to be scoring on the first play of any challenge. Lol. So, I could run more plays to run clock. And, I have believed in 'scripted' games in CFM, before. But, honestly, I think Clint is telling the truth. I don't think they really have scripting. And, in terms of the MUT challenges, the difficulty often does come from the amount of time left. It's the situation that manipulates things. How many times have u heard a real live announcer say, 'they might've scored too early, here' late in a game only to have the opposing team drive for a game winning TD or FG. I've played enough crazy games vs CPU at this point that I KNEW madden wanted me to lose, lol, only to comeback and eek out a crazy winner. I finally lost my 'conspiracy theory' hat after a couple of those. Lol. And, I don't blame u or anyone for thinking that, as I have in the past as well. But, I finally believe they've actually just created a pretty good game that can actually be tough. I play the same team 10 times, I might kill em 8, lose 1, and maybe have another close one, or something. I really think there is enough random chance in the play calling and gameplay to allow for a tough INT here and there, and/or a couple good QB plays from the CPU that beat me every once in awhile. But, the MUT thing, specifically, yeah, they set up the challenges to be easy, easy, easy, and then hit u with a tough one. All to want better cards, etc, but imo, it's setup by the time limit and score. That's all they need to make it hard enough. And, that does include giving too much time so u have to defend some to win the challenge. But, I no longer believe in the 'madden cheat' or 'scripting'. And, believe me, I used to curse at madden ALL THE TIME for cheating!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad we can agree we see the same things..And I agree that it can have a lot to do with the timing of the game itself, and how in the tough challenges you notice you generally have to face a team like the Patriots.

I still think back to, I believe 2009, when there was talk of a comeback style of mechanic? Keeps me wondering... and at the very least, it gives me an excuse as to why I lost a game.. heheh

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »