Home

Madden on Nintendo Switch

This is a discussion on Madden on Nintendo Switch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden on Nintendo Switch

Nothing announced by Nintendo at their conference today. As expected. EA just sucks.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 8

I wouldn't blame EA for not making madden for switch. I would blame Nintendo for putting out a console that is inferior to the xbox one and PS4. For the record I own a switch and love their first party titles.

Seems like for madden to go over to switch, it would need to be on the ignite engine like fifa. Not sure if the Switch has the same power to run frostbite like the xbox one and PS4 do. Heck madden is already advertising Xbox one X and PS4 pro.

I'm not saying madden shouldn't be on switch however the reality is that it wouldn't be on par with EA's vision. Not to mention it would take development time away from Frostbite madden and we all know that wouldn't be good.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #19
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Weren't going to see it this year. EA probably wanted to wait til they were sure Switch was going to sell well (which it has) and FIFA is their litmus test. On the FIFA front, from what I saw it looks pretty solid, and plenty good for a portable console.

One thing to keep in mind is that Rex Dickson is a fan of portables (Vita, 3DS), and though he doesn't make the decisions like that, I'm sure he'd be someone lobbying to get Madden on the Switch.

If it does come to the switch, I'd definitely buy, so long as it had a Franchise Mode. And, I think it would be cool to put a new team on building Franchise Mode for that game. A different take on the mode that's a bit more experimental, while keeping the base of the mode. Sort of like how they did with the Wii versions.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #20
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I'd love to see it come back to Vita, but would by a Switch if the announced Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-13-2017, 03:54 PM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If Madden were to appear on the Switch, I'd like to see it take advantage of the Switch's unique portability and local multiplayer capabilities.

Again, that'd require a control scheme change if four players are playing with split joy-cons, and Madden has a ton of controller commands to remap if they do this, but it might be doable? Maybe? Regardless I don't think requiring the Pro controller is the way to go and I can't imagine that'd get through Nintendo first-party approval anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

Yeah I stopped buying Madden on consoles.

I would buy on Switch.

Been a long time since I even turned on my PS4.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:51 PM   #23
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0

Ewww Madden 18 will use same old engine is IGNITE on Switch version.. IGNITE engine suck
Old 06-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #24
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

This is the only way to get me to buy Madden again. I lost my appetite for this game a long time ago, but I would buy on Switch in a heartbeat.

Imagine having a franchise you could take with you and then play on the tv at home.

If the gameplay is pretty good, imagine a portable 2 player Madden machine. it would be a flipping goldmine. Barbershops, bars, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »