Home

I May Be Done With This Game

This is a discussion on I May Be Done With This Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 06:36 PM   #1
Rookie

nyr30's Arena

OVR: 5
I May Be Done With This Game

Started a franchise with the Dolphins and I'm 0-2 after losing to the Seahawks 28-14 and losing to the Patriots 37 -20.

The Patriots loss has really left me wondering if I even want to continue playing the game. Up 20-14 I have a field goal for the extra point and as soon as the ball was snapped I knew the Patriots were blocking it. They proceeded to run the ball down for 2pts. Then the very first play of their next drive one pass by Brady and my coverage is nowhere to be seen and they score a touchdown. They convert the field goal and are up 23-20. My first play of the my next drive I throw an interception they run it in for a touchdown then score the field goal to make it 30-20. From there I push to try close the gap but even wide open my receivers can't catch the ball at all. I end up punting and they run it all the way back for a touchdown while shrugging off about five tackles.

If this was a rare occurrence I'd overlook this but the amount of games I play where either toward the end of the 2nd or 4th quarters the cpu just hits overdrive and can't be stopped is infuriating. I can be shutting down a team all game but when the cpu wants to score it will regardless of what I do. The cpu players who were incapable of running the ball all game suddenly are breaking tackles left and right and don't get me started on the QB regardless of who he is never missing a target when the cpu is behind.

I've posted in other threads about how I am still learning the sport and game but the things I've listed feel very cheap and is exactly what I experienced in the NHL series. It was the biggest reason for me to stop playing it.

I want to improve I want to learn but the game just feels like it's robbing me of hard work. I work hard to score but when the cpu stages these unstoppable drives it just doesn't feel worth the hassle to play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I May Be Done With This Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr30
Started a franchise with the Dolphins and I'm 0-2 after losing to the Seahawks 28-14 and losing to the Patriots 37 -20.

The Patriots loss has really left me wondering if I even want to continue playing the game. Up 20-14 I have a field goal for the extra point and as soon as the ball was snapped I knew the Patriots were blocking it. They proceeded to run the ball down for 2pts. Then the very first play of their next drive one pass by Brady and my coverage is nowhere to be seen and they score a touchdown. They convert the field goal and are up 23-20. My first play of the my next drive I throw an interception they run it in for a touchdown then score the field goal to make it 30-20. From there I push to try close the gap but even wide open my receivers can't catch the ball at all. I end up punting and they run it all the way back for a touchdown while shrugging off about five tackles.

If this was a rare occurrence I'd overlook this but the amount of games I play where either toward the end of the 2nd or 4th quarters the cpu just hits overdrive and can't be stopped is infuriating. I can be shutting down a team all game but when the cpu wants to score it will regardless of what I do. The cpu players who were incapable of running the ball all game suddenly are breaking tackles left and right and don't get me started on the QB regardless of who he is never missing a target when the cpu is behind.

I've posted in other threads about how I am still learning the sport and game but the things I've listed feel very cheap and is exactly what I experienced in the NHL series. It was the biggest reason for me to stop playing it.

I want to improve I want to learn but the game just feels like it's robbing me of hard work. I work hard to score but when the cpu stages these unstoppable drives it just doesn't feel worth the hassle to play the game.
The timing of your thread is impeccable. There has been a mini-discussion in the title update thread regarding this issue and now, a developer on the team for gameplay, just as recently as Thursday or Friday weighed in on Twitter:

No momentum. Random dice rolls, think of them like roulette. Fatigue also has a bit more impact than assumed as well.

Other suggestions are to vary your play calls on offense and defense, go from zone to man to man or vice versa, call timeouts to interrupt that "momentum." When you are up by a few scores at the end of the half, don't let up on the gas pedal and get conservative.

All of us saw a Super Bowl where the Pats came back from being down by 3 or 4 scores in the second half.

That's my thoughts.

Last edited by roadman; 03-18-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: I May Be Done With This Game

Thanks but your game impression can go in the impression thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »