Home

After the Last Patch, the Game is a Cheating Machine

This is a discussion on After the Last Patch, the Game is a Cheating Machine within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #33
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: After the Last Patch, the Game is a Cheating Machine

I've put the game down for the year because after the last two patches tighten up some things and made ratings matter ever more(on All-Pro, solo CFM) the CPU was unable to give a realistic challenge because, since there isn't any cheating IMO, the playcalling of both sides of the ball, and the CPU QB A.I. just couldn't adjust to the play of any reasonably competent User.

They could perform okay on defense, Cover Zero was still the bane of their existence, but offensively I just shut down every team with with vanilla Cover 2 and Cover 3 calls.

Now we know that All-Madden has some shenanigans, but even there the CPU A.I. just couldn't get the job done anymore.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Something I've noticed in the last 4 games. Each time I went up 2 touchdowns, either 14-0 or 21-7, the CPU scored on a long play either immediately following my TD or the play directly after. Could just be coincidence but to happen 4 times in a row...
Old 04-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #35
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigRed29
Something I've noticed in the last 4 games. Each time I went up 2 touchdowns, either 14-0 or 21-7, the CPU scored on a long play either immediately following my TD or the play directly after. Could just be coincidence but to happen 4 times in a row...
Perhaps, perhaps not?

It all depends on what mode and sliders you are playing with and your play calling patterns.

On defense, mix it up, call man, zone, blitz, no blitz, call TO's to break the momentum.

This just doesn't happen playing on all pro default sliders.

And refuted by two different development teams over the past several years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2017, 08:16 PM   #36
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I've put the game down for the year because after the last two patches tighten up some things and made ratings matter ever more(on All-Pro, solo CFM) the CPU was unable to give a realistic challenge because, since there isn't any cheating IMO, the playcalling of both sides of the ball, and the CPU QB A.I. just couldn't adjust to the play of any reasonably competent User.

They could perform okay on defense, Cover Zero was still the bane of their existence, but offensively I just shut down every team with with vanilla Cover 2 and Cover 3 calls.

Now we know that All-Madden has some shenanigans, but even there the CPU A.I. just couldn't get the job done anymore.
Now there is definitely something to be said for this here. CPU AI on both sides of the ball... wasn't good. Especially at QB. As you said, you could play a very vanilla Defense a lot of the time. But...not all the time. I couldn't anyway.

What saved Madden this year, IMO, was player ratings. Saved it to the point, that I still think its the best Madden ever. I didn't have as easy a time at it, as you and some others. As good teams and players took it to me at times. Not by strategy. Not by good play calling. But the CPU standout star players... well, stood out. Made plays. And I agree there is no cheating whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by cable guy; 04-19-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:41 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Perhaps, perhaps not?

It all depends on what mode and sliders you are playing with and your play calling patterns.

On defense, mix it up, call man, zone, blitz, no blitz, call TO's to break the momentum.

This just doesn't happen playing on all pro default sliders.

And refuted by two different development teams over the past several years.
Ya I know, not a conspiracy theory, just curious. 2 were kickreturns for TD, 1 run play, he broke 3 tackles to take it to the house, and a long bomb where he broke 2 to get it.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:49 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had a really frustrating game last night. I was down 1 and handed the ball off for a 1 yard TD which was negated by a ridiculous holding call. Then on third down I had a wide open guy coming across the middle and the ball was batted at the LOS (it happens, but just added to the frustration and the feeling that no matter what they weren't going to let me score a TD. I ended up settling for a FG and gave Andy Dalton 1 minute to try to get the field goal. Sure enough they drove down across midfield. Time was running down quickly as I got them to call a couple timeouts at the end of my last drive, but then it happened. On consecutive plays I lost all control of my player (I was controlling a safety) and they threw to where I would have been covering and they made easy completions and to add to it I was in absolutely no position to make a play so they were able to turn it up for good games. They ended up spiking it with 6 seconds and kicking the FG to take the 2 point lead with :02 left in the game. I have a pair of 96 speed return men who were finding seems and nearly breaking kick returns multiple times in this game so I decided to go for the return rather than letting the ball go and trying to make a 75 yard pass go for a TD. I catch the ball and start slightly left only hitting the speed burst early, but letting off way early so that I can make a good cut. Well what does my guy do when I try to cut left? He keeps going in the same direction like he is on skates and then comes to a complete stop allowing the coverage to easily tackle him... I feel like whenever I play this game there is going to be something that allows for the other team to make a comeback and at the very least have a chance to win the game late.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

The Falcons discovered the same rubberband AI in the SB as Madden does.

I'm only speaking from an All-Pro perspective, but I've heard the same goes for All Madden with all the sliders left where they should be and everything turned on, but, if the CPU tries to mount a comeback, I just turn on the gas like the Patriots do. The Patriots don't play conservative and neither do I. PA passes, counters and mixing up all the plays on offense and defense works.

Last edited by roadman; 04-20-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:01 PM   #40
Rookie

thatmanGriffin's Arena

There is a half second delay when I throw the ball. I either get sacked or intercepted. My oline is slow getting burned on every other play. DBs are always a step behind. Can't even kick a field goal without getting blocked or I have a button delay and it has very little power to get there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »