Home

Tips for not dominating CFM???

This is a discussion on Tips for not dominating CFM??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Tips for not dominating CFM???

I love CFM, it's all I play. I don't cheese, I don't hoard 4 first round picks, I don't cheat the draft, I don't make unrealistic trades...I try to play as realistic as possible.

I still manage to build the best team in the NFL within 2-4 seasons, every time, any team I use.

So what house rules can I put in place to make it challenging?

I am thinking of only unlocking all scouting grades for 1st and 2nd rounders and limiting myself to just 2 unlocks on 3rd-7th because it is soooo easy to find gems late.

I also might limit myself to only 1 re-signing per position group each off-season, even if I have cap room.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2017, 03:15 PM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tips for not dominating CFM???

I like your scouting restriction idea. In my offline cfm I scout all first and second rounders fully. I don't scout beyond the 4th round until the offseason and if I start scouting I have to finish scouting no matter the grade. I try not to take a player other than theur predicted round unless they are an obvious gem, I then take them very early to compensate. I never own more than 2 picks in each round.

Sent from my F3111 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

I wait till the week before the draft to scout. Only gives you 400 points total to use.

Also sim training.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
I wait till the week before the draft to scout. Only gives you 400 points total to use.

Also sim training.
I also sim all training, only getting Bronze rewards.

I was thinking of limiting custom XP advancement to only a handful of players and sim the rest. Perhaps 1 per position group. I seem to advance players much better than the CPU (I use TDawggs sliders and 4 week progression).
Old 04-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Couple of random thoughts, although it kind of throws realism a bit out the window (at least the 1st 2)

1. Trade back so you don't have any top picks, and intentionally give the CPU really good deals on picks. Makes it harder for you and gives a little bump to CPU.

2. OR don't scout/draft at all and just sign UDFAs? Might be too far though

3. It would require constantly changing XP sliders - but you could set everything at 100 for yourself, but change the XP sliders back to TDAWG's for the CPU before you forward to the next week. While I think you would still get the extra XP for player of the week and that type of thing, at least training the CPU would have an edge over you.

4. Or like you mentioned simply don't manually progress any players at all (or maybe like pick 1 guy or something) - use auto progress for everyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2017, 04:27 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I only sign/scout/draft players who are either "balanced" or fit my scheme. For example, I have my QB type set for West Coast, so I'm only able to go after West Coast or Balanced QB types in FA and the draft. I do that across all positions. The only exception is I allow myself to go after a Speed Rusher DE and convert him to OLB in my 3-4 defense.

I also just sim all the training and auto progress my players.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:39 PM   #7
Rookie

mjd113's Arena

This is first season my brother and I simmed training and only used the 400 scouting points.

Before we'd run the league. I won like 8 SBs in 12 years in one.

This one, starting with the Jets and Bears, we struggled for a while. Max 9-7. Almost got fired a few times.

However we both just got 1st round QBs that both won ROY so I figure the struggle is pretty much over.

Still won't be easy obviously.

I went from having 90s at every position to occasionally actually having to sign people in FA just to not suck.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:14 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Sim all training, auto progress every 4 weeks.

Also, for every UFA you consider, flip a coin. Comes up tails, he's plain not interested in you. My problem is free agency is too easy. Another option is once you lock in an offer, you can't change it until you advance week. This prevents you from being able to just up the offer until you beat the next team's.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »