Home

OL/DL injuries in game?

This is a discussion on OL/DL injuries in game? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
OL/DL injuries in game?

Will Madden ever include OL or DL get hurt in a game played? This game is really good overall but the simplest things they are missing that would make the game more realistic.

This is the biggest thing they need to include imo. The importance of an OL and DL and actually forcing you to have depth within your OL and DL is something this game has always been missing.

Having OL injuries is more important and for once this game needs to have it! Being able to have 5 OL on your roster for an entire season and never worry about injury is just ridiculous and unacceptable to be honest.

I want to see my starting C or RG tear ACL and be out for the year. Be forced to play my rookie guard and feel the affects.

Of all positions irl who get hurt during games, OL by far have the most. Will it ever happen in Madden? To be honest, until things like this are in Madden I can never say this game replicates what we see on tv and not worth a buy anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

Re: OL/DL injuries in game?

Even though injuries in the trenches can really devastate a team in football, and therefore should 100% be in this game, especially in CFM, not enough of us have advocated strongly enough for it to the development team. Therefore it is a low priority feature and making matters worse, seemingly a time intensive addition as well, so the likelihood of it getting in anytime soon seems low. I expect most of my main gameplay wishes to be addressed in M18, but this is the area that I expect to be very disappointing about again.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Will Madden ever include OL or DL get hurt in a game played? This game is really good overall but the simplest things they are missing that would make the game more realistic.

This is the biggest thing they need to include imo. The importance of an OL and DL and actually forcing you to have depth within your OL and DL is something this game has always been missing.

Having OL injuries is more important and for once this game needs to have it! Being able to have 5 OL on your roster for an entire season and never worry about injury is just ridiculous and unacceptable to be honest.

I want to see my starting C or RG tear ACL and be out for the year. Be forced to play my rookie guard and feel the affects.

Of all positions irl who get hurt during games, OL by far have the most. Will it ever happen in Madden? To be honest, until things like this are in Madden I can never say this game replicates what we see on tv and not worth a buy anymore.
I honestly don't think you will ever see this implemented. I *think* that they wont add them due to the greater impact you would feel with o-line injuries and for the fact you wont have "breakout" performances by rookie o-linemen or o-linemen in general.

For example, in my Online Franchise...I had top 5 passing attack with Cody Kessler at QB...he ended at 70 overall. The leading receiver in the league was a TE named Erik Swoope from the Colts, his overall is 68 I believe. Set every receiving record you could think of despite being around 64 overall to start the season. I had #2 defense in the league despite my best Cornerback being a 64 overall.

The point is. Almost every position, even with a bad rating, can be user manipulated into ridiculous performance levels, aside from O-line. You are stuck with what you got. Due to these 2 reasons, that's why I don't believe you will get ever get O-line or D-Line injuries.

Last edited by GoBigRed29; 04-28-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:12 PM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

If that is truly the reason why then that is absolutely just absurb to me lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-28-2017, 11:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
If that is truly the reason why then that is absolutely just absurb to me lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
A tad bit absurd but perhaps the greatest issue of all, is that O-Line vs D-Line is central to the balance of the game and they are trying to balance the game without coding multiple options. Hence, "Sim" gets the shaft in this case. Not to mention, you should go try out a 60 overall linemen vs a user controlled Wilkerson. Tell me how that goes. I'm guessing the results will be incredibly unrealistic.

Point is: Balancing Human vs CPU CPU vs CPU and Human vs Human is just too much to have that much variance in a core gameplay element.

Last edited by GoBigRed29; 04-28-2017 at 11:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 11:49 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

There was a long thread on this subject a while back.

The reason there are no OL injuries now is because (if I remember what the Madden devs said on Twitter at the time) injury dice rolls only happen on collisions involving the ball carrier. Since an OL rarely if ever carries the ball, OLs rarely if ever get injured in Madden.

Could we see off-ball injuries (and thus OL injuries) at some point? Sure, and I'd personally welcome them, but it might be a challenge to get there. The average Madden player considers injuries "not fun", so it might be a challenge for the devs to justify internally working on something which many of their players will not enjoy. That's not me saying it can't and won't happen, that's just one reality of making video games that will be considered which the people who talk about Madden on this forum probably don't want to hear about.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #7
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

I use the OL injury generator I found on here, and now I couldn't play without it

Sent from my SM-G360T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #8
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

CM Hooe is right on there. It's tied to the tackle system, it's not that it can't be done, it just can't be done in the current system.

If they tied it to the tackle AND blocking system then it could work, impact block would work like hit power and then both sides of the trenches could be injured on a play.

Sent from my F3111 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »