Home

EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

This is a discussion on EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #449
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Anthony White responded to my Tweet:

Hi Anthony. Thank you for doing a great job with the playbooks year in and year out. For User vs CPU, I've noticed that in 3rd and long situations, the CPU will call 4 Verts or shot plays most of the time. Is there anyway you can look at this and throw in screens & draws? TY

Yep we're looking into that
A. White doesn't respond to a lot of stuff, so we really never have any idea what to expect on this front unless Rex throws a bone now and then. Hopefully some serious work can be done in this area, because it is probably the most important gameplay weakness in the User vs CPU experience. They also need to look at the CPU calling too many Cover 1 or 0 plays in situations where they should be protecting against giving up anything deep.

These playcalling flaws are the main gameplay reason why All-Pro ends up not being the challenge that is should be.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #450
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I've decided to start editing traits instead of waiting for the patch. When he says "braces for hit", does he mean "covers the ball"? I don't see a braces for hit trait
Old 01-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #451
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I've decided to start editing traits instead of waiting for the patch. When he says "braces for hit", does he mean "covers the ball"? I don't see a braces for hit trait
Yea man, its basically the trait that makes the player aware that he needs to "cover the ball" and when to. The problem is, its not just on KOR and PR...it affects ANY player that runs with the ball. IE When AI throws to a WR...he doesnt sprint, RB with the trait set to "all" doesnt sprint. Hard to predict. I wish we had the same capability as the NCAA crowd where we could export this onto a sort of SQL table and make global edits and import back into the game.

Last edited by BlackBetty15; 01-06-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 11:48 PM   #452
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Someone on Twitter asking Rex to bring back User Control vs scripted animations:

You are echoing what I think most of our players are saying. It absolutely is our top priority based on the feedback from this year.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:09 AM   #453
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Someone on Twitter asking Rex to bring back User Control vs scripted animations:

You are echoing what I think most of our players are saying. It absolutely is our top priority based on the feedback from this year.

I'm probably just overreacting but, I hope that Sim style User vs CPU gameplay isn't made worse by all of the changes made to accommodate the H2H space. More User control is usually accompanied by the ability for stick skills to override player ratings. The CPU has a tough enough time as it is without Users being able to wiggle their way to victory.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:11 PM   #454
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This is what we are up against folks, Twitter exchange between a Twitter poster and myself:

All these high fives for the reduction of jukes or spins, but how can the AI or User do these jukes or spins if they are running in quicksand. That was the more important fix, in my opinion. Now, get those pancakes fixed and the punting moon balls fixed in outdoor stadiums.

pancakes mean stop pass committing and stop watching youtube for nickel and dime formation blitzes against 3 tightends...i fixed your game for you

Not when the CPU AI uses pass commit vs User run offense pkgs.

what cpu calling plays??? what mode is that

That mode is User(me) vs CPU, not H2H. The CPU uses coaching adjustments like the User can.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:42 PM   #455
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
This is what we are up against folks, Twitter exchange between a Twitter poster and myself:

All these high fives for the reduction of jukes or spins, but how can the AI or User do these jukes or spins if they are running in quicksand. That was the more important fix, in my opinion. Now, get those pancakes fixed and the punting moon balls fixed in outdoor stadiums.

pancakes mean stop pass committing and stop watching youtube for nickel and dime formation blitzes against 3 tightends...i fixed your game for you

Not when the CPU AI uses pass commit vs User run offense pkgs.

what cpu calling plays??? what mode is that

That mode is User(me) vs CPU, not H2H. The CPU uses coaching adjustments like the User can.

Thanks for sharing Roadman. As sad as that might be, it made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #456
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm probably just overreacting but, I hope that Sim style User vs CPU gameplay isn't made worse by all of the changes made to accommodate the H2H space. More User control is usually accompanied by the ability for stick skills to override player ratings. The CPU has a tough enough time as it is without Users being able to wiggle their way to victory.
Yupp.

Given Madden's lack of interest in tuning user vs cpu, or giving us the ability to tune it, this will just unbalance the game further and likely interfere with old code.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »