Home

EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

This is a discussion on EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #457
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Following up from the tweet about User stick skills, I need the posters on Twitter to help me out here, please. Thank you, if not, this request falls on deaf ears.

Help me out here fellow Twitter posters.

Start following Rex and his timeline.

Rex, I hope this is referencing H2H and Competitive play vs Sim mode. It's hard to substantiate on the Twitter board. Thanks.

I think negative reaction to being 'pulled into animations' and loss of user control applies to both communities but I'm open to more sim crowd feedback on the topic.

If we are a team, we need to jump on this nicely.

Last edited by roadman; 01-09-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #458
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Following up from the tweet about User stick skills, I need the posters on Twitter to help me out here, please. Thank you, if not, this request falls on deaf ears.

Help me out here fellow Twitter posters.

Start following Rex and his timeline.

Rex, I hope this is referencing H2H and Competitive play vs Sim mode. It's hard to substantiate on the Twitter board. Thanks.

I think negative reaction to being 'pulled into animations' and loss of user control applies to both communities but I'm open to more sim crowd feedback on the topic.

If we are a team, we need to jump on this nicely.
And a big thank you to JoshC, that is what I am talking about.

I agree here. There should be some sort of ratings-based threshold or delta as to when a player can even trigger those types of defender reactions. The elusiveness rating vs pursuit or tackle might be a place to start.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:46 AM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
And a big thank you to JoshC, that is what I am talking about.

I agree here. There should be some sort of ratings-based threshold or delta as to when a player can even trigger those types of defender reactions. The elusiveness rating vs pursuit or tackle might be a place to start.
I think it should matter on player position mainly. For example, a corner with good man is covering a wr with bad route running but better speed. The corner is able to stick with the WR most of the time (but not all of the time because of the WR's speed) because the WR has bad route running. (I just sajd that first part because coverage is easily the biggest issue in this years madden, it is way too easy to destroy a defense through the air.) If a ball gets thrown to the WR while he is locked in coverage then the ball shouldn't be warped to the WR or corner but the player with the better position should pick the ball.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #460
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

A Tweet exchange between myself(mine isn't shown) Rex and Ryan Moody:

Here is a somewhat surprising Tweet from Rex answering a statement of mine:

User vs. CPU is more played than user vs, user. That is true for both MUT (via solos) and franchise,

Ryan Moody came back with a good question:

So shouldn't it be the focus? Can you show where that Data comes from (assuming its tracked by EA?)
Old 01-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #461
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
A Tweet exchange between myself(mine isn't shown) Rex and Ryan Moody:

Here is a somewhat surprising Tweet from Rex answering a statement of mine:

User vs. CPU is more played than user vs, user. That is true for both MUT (via solos) and franchise,

Ryan Moody came back with a good question:

So shouldn't it be the focus? Can you show where that Data comes from (assuming its tracked by EA?)
I know this isn't a dev tweet and it's fine for it to get deleted, but wouldn't it be sick if Rex took that data and spent this dev cycle really focusing in on cpu gameplay and getting that right? That would be such a big deal for Madden if they made playing the CPU dynamic and challenging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2018, 10:37 PM   #462
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I know this isn't a dev tweet and it's fine for it to get deleted, but wouldn't it be sick if Rex took that data and spent this dev cycle really focusing in on cpu gameplay and getting that right? That would be such a big deal for Madden if they made playing the CPU dynamic and challenging.

Not to throw cold water on this wish, because I would like to see them do this too, but Rex has made it clear in various interviews and streams over the last couple of years that they have to fight really hard to get enough development resources to work on things for the core Madden gamer instead of trying to appeal to new members. We'll get some love, but sadly CPU gameplay will never be a primary focus for a single cycle.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:06 PM   #463
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Several indications that CFM will be improved for Madden 19, here is another one from Rex on Twitter:

Madden 18 finished the year as the #4 best selling title in North America. Franchise and MUT both saw record numbers of people playing. We appreciate all the support from our core.

Now make franchise better for 2019.

You guys showed up in record numbers for Franchise. We owe you guys a big year in 19.

There have been several other indications CFM will be improved. How much it's improved is a wait and see approach in June.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #464
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Several indications that CFM will be improved for Madden 19, here is another one from Rex on Twitter:

Madden 18 finished the year as the #4 best selling title in North America. Franchise and MUT both saw record numbers of people playing. We appreciate all the support from our core.

Now make franchise better for 2019.

You guys showed up in record numbers for Franchise. We owe you guys a big year in 19.

There have been several other indications CFM will be improved. How much it's improved is a wait and see approach in June.
Its a dangerous thing vowing on something that will require a ton of legacy things to be scratched. Outside of the shiny gloss I have come to see for the past 8 or so years Franchise in Madden has had the same feeling for me. Heres to hoping they have some good creative insight and having courage to make the changes necessary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »