Home

The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin...

This is a discussion on The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #57
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
All THIS!!!
Madden is unplayable competitively with a true broadcast camera.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #58
Pro

Dynamic CPU AI for defense and offense, what I basically mean is that if you throw deep to fast receivers, not all time they will get the ball,because cpu corners keep up with them and etc

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-11-2017, 05:06 PM   #59
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
Dynamic CPU AI for defense and offense, what I basically mean is that if you throw deep to fast receivers, not all time they will get the ball,because cpu corners keep up with them and etc

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Dynamic AI should not mean CPU catch up speed and other comeback ratings boosts. If a CPU defender is slower than a WR then he should not be able to keep up. Roll your coverage over the top to help the corner. Make adjustments to your defensive schemes. If you get a speed matchup you should be able to exploit it if the defense goes cover zero. See Sean Smith v Brandon Cooks last year.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #60
Rookie

lilrosati56's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Actual blitz schemes, interior pass rush, and a plethora of different running styles. Completely new college scouting, contract negotiations, and free agency
Anything, literally anything, that makes each game unique I would welcome. As it stands now, EVERY. GAME. PLAYS. THE. SAME. WAY. Make it a challenge to win 9 games with a rookie, or protect the passer against elite rushers, etc. Also ditch everything XP related, let me negotiate contracts when I want and with who I want. Dump the stupid Twitter feed. In game league updates (doesn't even have to be video).
Old 05-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #61
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
You have to be cautious with innovation when it comes to Madden. That could very well mean it will have features that have been in other sports games for years and usually its not done as well as it is in those other games. I have a feeling they are going to focus on a MyPlayer type mode before they get Franchise mode to where it needs to be.

I totally agree with the first half of your post but I hope they don't focus on my player in madden. It doesn't work well with the sport of football. No matter what position you choose, the player is only on the field half the game. If you choose wr you might get 8-10 targets tops. Basically qb is the only position where your involved on enough plays to make my player mode interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #62
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
We'll see, but hope this is true. I feel that innovation is something this series greatly needs.

http://www.mobipicker.com/madden-nfl...ecade-says-ea/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This ( assuming it comes to fruition ) is what the series needs. Madden has made strides, obviously, and it's not the same game, but we play it the same way.

I said before that I'd be happy with major innovation in the passing game, running game, or on defense, but if I'd had to choose one phase, it would the passing game. How long have we been pressing the X button to throw to the x receiver ? It has to be at least 20 years.

There's no skill involved in passing game. Any success the user has is due to his decision making. There's no stick skill involved like there is in the running game. I want to be able to go into practice mode--with only the offense on the field--and experience the satisfaction of connecting with the receiver on a deep route simply because it isn't a given that I'm going to hit the receiver. I want to watch games on Youtube and not just be impressed with a player's passing offense, but also his ability as a passer period. I want the frustration of missing out on a sure TD not because of a random dice roll that caused my QB to make a bad throw, but because I overthrew, or under-threw, the receiver.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #63
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
That's just a generic picture. It does not depict the cover of madden by any means. Forget story mode , forget all the different modes. How about making a game that finally looks and plays like what's we see on Sunday. Update player models , lighting, player movement and AI. Realistic sidelines. Authentic introductions for every team. Ability to create and edit player equipment like NBA 2k. A true tv broadcast camera angle. A more dynamic passing game . Better half time presentation. More dynamic weather changes throughout the game. Not have every player for every position have the same stance and running motion.
Focus on the game first
This guy gets it!!
Old 05-11-2017, 07:21 PM   #64
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallB21
More Customization, on NBA 2k's level at least. Give me custom Stadiums, Teams, Draft Classes, League Expansion, realignment, plays, matchups. Custom, Custom, Custom.
No way EA/NFL allows customization on par with 2k. It's the same reason we no longer have NCAA games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »