Home

The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin...

This is a discussion on The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2017, 07:32 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin...

If there's one thing I'd like to see removed in relation to having more "custom" stuff, it's the whole pre-made head templates for Be a Player mode. Allow us the freedom to choose what we look like. I don't want to be generic white/black skin shade 2/3/6 with head 1/4/7 etc. Let us make our created pro's have beards, or whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 2
It sounds insignificant but I really hope they put in mouthpieces and shooter sleeves. I want the players to look exactly like their real life counterparts. It's something the other two sports games do but Madden always misses.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #67
Pro

I'm hoping we get a robust career mode and vastly improved franchise mode (to include owners/GM mode) that rivals other games (ie The Show; NBA2K). I'd love to see missing features that were in previous games on older, less powerful systems added back in (see previous Madden's, NCAA, HC09). And the lack of customization has become a noticeable eye sore when compared to other games.

I'll probably still be hoping for this stuff come Madden 19 too. lol
Old 05-11-2017, 11:06 PM   #68
Rookie

detroitlions12's Arena

The biggest thing I hope they change is offensive and defensive line play. Specifically computer offensive and defensive line play. They should not play patty cake for 10 seconds each and every play. The defensive line needs to be able to get pressure without a human helping. On average the computer should have 4-5 seconds to throw on any given down and a max of 7. It's very frustrating that a J.J Watt computer can't beat a 75 overall tackle most of the time or at least get pressure a lot on his own without a human taking control of him.

Second biggest thing is QB accuracy for both human and computer. Humans and computers should not be able to throw 80-90% completion every game. Give us the option of error. For those that play in tournaments that need or want that give it to them but for the people that want real football give us an option of errant passing. Sliders sure haven't been the answers to the accuracy issue so we need something that actually works. I think the offensive and defensive line play would help with that because there would be more QB pressures leading to more inaccurate throws.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:56 PM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Yeah, because it's not like it has been batting 1000..........

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app
It literally hasn't
Old 05-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallB21
Dynamic AI should not mean CPU catch up speed and other comeback ratings boosts. If a CPU defender is slower than a WR then he should not be able to keep up. Roll your coverage over the top to help the corner. Make adjustments to your defensive schemes. If you get a speed matchup you should be able to exploit it if the defense goes cover zero. See Sean Smith v Brandon Cooks last year.
What I am trying to *actually say is that you shouldn't be able to score 7passing tds and 4 rushing TDS on all-pro against the CPU every time* and every game should play different in order to keep us engaged

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-12-2017, 01:27 AM   #71
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayerMode
If there's one thing I'd like to see removed in relation to having more "custom" stuff, it's the whole pre-made head templates for Be a Player mode. Allow us the freedom to choose what we look like. I don't want to be generic white/black skin shade 2/3/6 with head 1/4/7 etc. Let us make our created pro's have beards, or whatever.
Would love this. One thing I love about The Show is not only the facial editing ability, but the fact that all players can use in-game faces as player cards (the start fantasy draft but back out method, not sure if newest game still does it).

When Madden went from black silhouettes to generated faces for drafted players it was a nice change. But the lack of variety (or simply the same cut and pasted with slight changes) really makes it moot, especially now that we can edit the drafted players.

For anyone who's gone a few years into CFM mode knows the problem with the limited faces, too many twins around the league. Also, the ability to edit body proportions would be nice, as you are not only drafting twins into leagues, but also body doubles of same height and weight.

Another small thing I would like is CFM mode to give us ALL player information. Not just better stat tracking (which would be wonderful), but things already in-game that are missing. Home town. State. Dominant hand. etc. These are things I want added to each player card.

Hand especially when it comes to drafting a QB, heck, even if they could make it matter for non-QBs. Say, guys who don't cover the ball always carry in dominant hand.

EA uses ESPN features, why not incorporate their player cards?

Young player
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3046779/jared-goff

Vet w/ scouting info (video, could just be scout feedback)
http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady

Heck, if EA gave me that, and say player type/tangibles, I could do a CFM without every knowing a players true ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #72
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Hope you Madden guys have a better first year on Frostbite than FIFA did.

Really? I liked it. FIFA 17 is probably the most playable version. And, one of the subtleties I noticed was that the jerseys actually 'move'. This may sound trivial, but in terms of graphical quality and moving towards realistic graphics, this was actually huge to me. And, of course, u can't always tell that in full motion because of the zoom out of the default camera, but in replays, this impressed me. The more they can tidy up graphics like this on 'clothes' (jerseys, mostly), the better the game will look overall. The animations were solid in FIFA 17, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »