Home

Madden 18 Story Mode - Let's talk

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Story Mode - Let's talk within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 08:19 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 18 Story Mode - Let's talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
2K actually still put's a lot of effort into their MyGM/Association modes it's the deepest in any sports game. The Park and MYCareer may be more popular but they don't allow that to take away from their franchise type modes. My guess is that their team is way bigger than Madden's.
Oh yes, 2k Association/GM is deep and customization really helps. I just mean MP/Park seems to be main focus every year.
Im not sure how each team members each have. But I think NBA 2k and Madden seems to be in different boats. NBA 2k is similar to The Show. Whereas the overall foundation is pretty much set for both games. Where until they focus on 4k, graphics and visual are at their peaks(besides working on lighting), gameplay/animations is solid. So really they can focus on depth in modes. When I think about it, 2k hasn't changed much visually since start of current gen besides lighting and face scans. Madden hasn't really had that stable foundation yet to focus on depth in modes. Graphics/Visual has been one of main focus every year for Madden. EA is changing game engines every 3-4 years. Once Madden can get to the point where they are satisfied with their visuals and have foundation set as far as gameplay, then they will have chance to fully focus resources on Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #26
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

This'll never be by "main" mode, but I'm excited to give it a go. Could be a lot of fun.

I hope they license a few college teams and let us start there. I'd love to relive Carson Wentz' path to the NFL. Take a small college through the FCS playoffs, if only to juxtapose the crowd size when you hit the NFL. Also, NDSU, please, NDSU

Don't give me any control over where I go. I know a lot of people will disagree, but draftees don't get to choose their team. Don't let me.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #27
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
A proper career mode story in Madden would have to include at least a small selection of college teams, as per NBA 2k, right? Your football career starts well before the draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
This'll never be by "main" mode, but I'm excited to give it a go. Could be a lot of fun.

I hope they license a few college teams and let us start there. I'd love to relive Carson Wentz' path to the NFL. Take a small college through the FCS playoffs, if only to juxtapose the crowd size when you hit the NFL. Also, NDSU, please, NDSU

Don't give me any control over where I go. I know a lot of people will disagree, but draftees don't get to choose their team. Don't let me.
The playable college part would be the only thing that would get me to play this mode.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #28
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
And that how it first was on the PS3. I was also bad at mashing buttons to get a good 40 times and weight reps. I still can remember who your players who look without pads if you went over a certain weight. Your player would have a generated Lineman head and a slim CB/WR body lol.

I definitely think we will compete in combine drills. I think it is important for them to have a realistic combine experience. I don't to see 40 time and bench press results affect ratings, just draft projection. If they have a basic one like they did in the early PS3(I think 08 or 09), where 40, bench, a basic positional drill, that wouldn't cut it at all. Since most likely only one year of story, they have almost to match a realistic 1st year rookie experience.
Wouldn't mind seeing them bring over "drills" from Fifa
Old 05-13-2017, 07:45 PM   #29
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm just not a fan of MyCareer modes. Upgrading a player and distributing VC or XP is not my thing. Franchise mode all the way! However, I have come around to the story aspect. I havent played Fifas yeat, though i may as its in the vault now. I can get more vested when there's a story around the player; not just menus and numbers. I kind of look at it like the campaign mode/tutorial. I'm interested in what Madden does in this area.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:08 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Wouldn't mind seeing them bring over "drills" from Fifa
Don't play Fifa, but I will YouTube videos of it to see how they implemented the story mode.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #31
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2

Honestly I hated FIFA's "The Journey" and I really hope that Madden isn't giving us The Journey 2.0... I wouldn't mind a Career mode like The Show's Road to the Show or 2K's MyCareer, but I would not play it if it's anything like The Journey. The lack of customization, very little game play, and scripted story, and only being a Season and not really a full one, were all a turn off to me. No matter what you did or how well you played, I always played better then Alex Hunter's friend, you could not change what happened.

I would prefer they go the route of 2K with a Story/Career mode. Let us customize the player, change their name, etc. Then let our choices and how well we play effect the story. Don't force us into some kind of scripted story where all we are basically doing is watching a Movie, with an occasional game or drill to play, that's what I hated most about Spike Lee's MyCareer story. If I want to watch a Football movie I'll watch Gridiron Gang, Friday Night Lights, The Replacements, or something like that. But I will not play a Madden Story mode that is the same thing or similar to The Journey.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf90
Honestly I hated FIFA's "The Journey" and I really hope that Madden isn't giving us The Journey 2.0... I wouldn't mind a Career mode like The Show's Road to the Show or 2K's MyCareer, but I would not play it if it's anything like The Journey. The lack of customization, very little game play, and scripted story, and only being a Season and not really a full one, were all a turn off to me. No matter what you did or how well you played, I always played better then Alex Hunter's friend, you could not change what happened.

I would prefer they go the route of 2K with a Story/Career mode. Let us customize the player, change their name, etc. Then let our choices and how well we play effect the story. Don't force us into some kind of scripted story where all we are basically doing is watching a Movie, with an occasional game or drill to play, that's what I hated most about Spike Lee's MyCareer story. If I want to watch a Football movie I'll watch Gridiron Gang, Friday Night Lights, The Replacements, or something like that. But I will not play a Madden Story mode that is the same thing or similar to The Journey.
I fully agree. Even with the OJ crap in 2k17. I dont want to be forced into a linear story that I have no control of. I don't mind story modes for sport games. I just think it would be better as a separate game therefore more resources into. Like Blitz the League.
Obviously there will be a story. I just want there to be some customization and for actual games played to matter than story. Like I don't want to see a forced cutscene About my player struggling, but actually Im performing well.

Last edited by illwill10; 05-14-2017 at 05:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »