Home

That Swerve move is cheesy garbage ...

This is a discussion on That Swerve move is cheesy garbage ... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 13

Watching the championship on twitch and I have to say that the WR swerve move (along with zigzag running in the open field) is complete cheesy garbage. I hope that the developers remove it from the game as these are clear exploits.

Just my opinion

BigBlue

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: That Swerve move is cheesy garbage ...

I agree with the people who say that having these kinds of exploits happen on the big stage for all to see is great, because the embarrassment that they cause everyone in the organization makes it pretty much a stone cold lock that a lot of them will be gone for M18. That kind of stuff hurts the development of the game as a legit esport. So it ultimately helps everyone from a gameplay improvement perspective.

Rex can say, "I need X amount of resources to fix this nonsense" and he'll get it for that stuff.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I realize that most of the viewers are of the casual variety so they're not going to know or pick up on these things but it bugs me when the casters talk about how diverse a player's scheme is when both players are only calling a same handful of plays the entire game. One of them was also mentioning how Donovan McNabb was a good pick because of how much quicker he's able to get the ball out and AFIK I don't think that's a thing.

It's something to watch but IMO it'd be a lot more entertaining and would keep me watching if it more closely resembled real football.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I agree with the people who say that having these kinds of exploits happen on the big stage for all to see is great, because the embarrassment that they cause everyone in the organization makes it pretty much a stone cold lock that a lot of them will be gone for M18. That kind of stuff hurts the development of the game as a legit esport. So it ultimately helps everyone from a gameplay improvement perspective.

Rex can say, "I need X amount of resources to fix this nonsense" and he'll get it for that stuff.
I don't think it's that simple. Zig zag running has been a problem since Madden 11.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:13 AM   #5
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
I don't think it's that simple. Zig zag running has been a problem since Madden 11.
and zigzag running wont ever stop until we finally get real foot planting( promised in madden 25 , still waiting to see) and real momentum/physics. To me it is still one of the largest issues for me with madden is the lack of actual physics in this game that play out right. For one they claimed the ball now has real physics which it clearly does not. I still see ball go thru people and people behind them catch balls, some of those tipped passes are just down right outrageous . Just last night my wr tipped on at about the 30 yard line, that proceeded to go sky high off the screen, and literally landed in the back of the endzone. The ball went so high , i had time to click on a different wr at the 30 , run him all the was to endzone and almost catch it.

Momentum should have to do with weight + speed. But it clearly does not in so many cases. This game really really needs real physics in the game. Yeah yeah, i know master builders, its "not that easy" , but its something they need to work on tirelessly.The running/skating on ice is just horrible.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #6
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

All the developers need to do is watch one of those game and realize what's wrong with the game, they can locate all the flaws in gameplay since those player exploit them

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Yeah, all that stuff is unfortunate, and its good to even see the competitive community call out the WR swerve. But as far as the zig-zag running isn't a big deal to the competitive community. It was a bigger black eye for EA when that QB/PA glitch caused someone to lose in the Madden Classic or whatever tourney that was. With the three different game modes coming stuff like that probably isn't going anywhere, the swerve might be tuned to be less effective.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-15-2017, 03:55 PM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Yeah, all that stuff is unfortunate, and its good to even see the competitive community call out the WR swerve. But as far as the zig-zag running isn't a big deal to the competitive community. It was a bigger black eye for EA when that QB/PA glitch caused someone to lose in the Madden Classic or whatever tourney that was. With the three different game modes coming stuff like that probably isn't going anywhere, the swerve might be tuned to be less effective.
This is why I don't think we'll see anything in regards to proper footplanting or momentum being respected any time soon. Not only is it probably a time consuming implementation but a lot of what is considered 'stick skillz' is just abuse of the lack of realistic player movement. If it was implemented a lot of that freedom would be taken away from a user player and that's a huge no-no for the competitive side and they're definitely going to win out IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »