Home

Madden's Sliders And The Lack Of Options Compared To To Other Sports Games

This is a discussion on Madden's Sliders And The Lack Of Options Compared To To Other Sports Games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #17
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden's Sliders And The Lack Of Options Compared To To Other Sports Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Madden had this, really? I know 2k tried it. I don't remember it working or not working. Or, being good or bad. I remember really liking the idea, though. Having the AI learn your types of playcalls and then utilizing that knowledge against u. Slight trick to trying that now, perhaps, is the different playbooks. But, if they could tie certain plays together (obviously, run or pass, but it would be nice to be more complicated than that) like deep, flood, stretch, dive, etc, and record how u play, when u make certain calls, etc, that's how u create quality game AI. Make it learn from the person playing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was called Madden IQ or something like that. When you first got the game you would go through a Tron like skills simulator that would give you a base score and it would adjust itself. I forgot about that.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 05-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #18
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Madden had this, really? I know 2k tried it. I don't remember it working or not working. Or, being good or bad. I remember really liking the idea, though. Having the AI learn your types of playcalls and then utilizing that knowledge against u. Slight trick to trying that now, perhaps, is the different playbooks. But, if they could tie certain plays together (obviously, run or pass, but it would be nice to be more complicated than that) like deep, flood, stretch, dive, etc, and record how u play, when u make certain calls, etc, that's how u create quality game AI. Make it learn from the person playing it.
Yeah, it wasn't very in-depth at all as far as I remember it only had four categories. Pass and Run for offense and defense and it basically just took how well you did statistically and adjusted based on that. The harder it was the higher your "IQ" was. It was interesting but impossible to play franchise with it because if you lost a couple games in a row you'd almost be guaranteed to win the next one because it adjusted after every game.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #19
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
It was called Madden IQ or something like that. When you first got the game you would go through a Tron like skills simulator that would give you a base score and it would adjust itself. I forgot about that.

Aha! Yeah, I remember that now. Wow, yeah, forgot that it created a madden IQ. The 2k thing was cool because u created your own profile and could play yourself, and download your friends and play their profile. I remember it being good enough at mimicking play calls, but I can't remember how deep it went. Something like that could help AI playcalling, in general. They're collecting playcall data right now. I wonder if they use that for CPU AI? If so, that explains all the '4 verts' the CPU calls. Lol. But, really, they should find a way to upload that data, even if it's CFM offline. And, really, maybe even more specifically, collect from CFM offline and use for CPU AI in CFM offline. That would keep out the h2h cheese from corrupting the CPU. Lol.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:05 PM   #20
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
If so, that explains all the '4 verts' the CPU calls. Lol.
This stems from the criminally insufficient GamePlans that the CPU uses. They're only allotted 20 plays per situation and are only able to use roughly 40% of their playbook because of this. In addition, if you go into most teams playbooks you'll find that most of them them have 5-10 different four verticals assigned to third and long situations making them extremely likely to be called.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:55 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:

I wish it would track which players ran which routes. Don't just look at the "play" that was called. For example, if you use strong, i-form, shotgun, and singleback, and your #1 receiver runs a drag in all 4 formations, it pays attention to the fact that your #1 ran a drag each time compared to which play was actually called and reacts accordingly. Over time....the CPU defense could become quite strong based on playing those kinds of tendency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2017, 04:32 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Yep looks like nothing has evolved in Madden with sliders in over 10 years

These are the sliders from Madden 06

QBA
PASS BLK
WR Catch
RB Ability
RUN BLK

DEFEFENSIVE AWARENESS
KNOCKDOWN
INT
BREAK BLOCK
TACKLE

Looks like they Tied sliders into each other when they removed sliders

As someone else stated the Fumble slider is the old RBA slider

Defensive Awareness and Knockdown has now become Pass Coverage and Pass Reaction and the Break Block Slider is just tied into the Tackle Slider

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #23
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
OP forgot the XP payout adjustment sliders in Franchise mode, which dramatically affect the experience in that mode. Bumps the total count into the 40s or low 50s; still not as many as other games, but more than previously indicated.

Regardless, though I personally found Madden 17 to be a reasonably well-tuned game, it'd be nice to see more end-user customization options in the game for people who want to optimize their gameplay experience.
It would be more well tuned if the AI on player development was adjusted. There is no reason for a team to draft a QB in round 1 and then another QB in round 2, or a QB in round 1 or 2 the year after taking a QB in round 1, for example.

It seems like if the AI developed players faster, there wouldn't be as much of the second situation listed (taking a QB at 1 one year and again at 1 or 2 the next year).
Old 05-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm wondering if Madden will follow suit of NHL and put out more slider categories or keep it the same because of all the coding lines it would involve untangling the mess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »