Home

Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:38 AM   #17
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Not a huge online guy so i never played this mode before. If they are bringing it back, how was it in the past? Also, why was it removed? Any chance of getting franchise co-op in the future?
In the past, you'd go to the game mode and invite two other friends. Select a real NFL team and you each would play as a player on the field. Every aspect of MUT Squads, except the Ultimate Team cards being involved.

In a interview prior to Madden 17, I believe it was Rex, said that after looking at the statistics of used game modes, Team Play was used the least. But was more difficult to keep up and running.

If they finally figured out a way to stabilize 2-3 players on the same home/away team, I would think that opens doors to Draft Champion Co-Op. And possibly Franchise Co-Op. Just need enough people to voice their opinion.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:41 AM   #18
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

It could be cool if they do a good job witth making other positions fun to play, which they've hinted at. WR became less fun to play in the last cycle because you just press one button to make a catch (it's a great system for single player, but not if that's your only job). SO they'll need to make catching more interesting and make route running fun/more variable (like maybe double tap turbo at the perfect time in your in route and get off a good cut; do it too late and you might stumble or not juke your guy).

I'd probably play it some IF they dont do anything with CFM this year and if i had a couple of friends committed to the mode. Otherwise i'll try it once and quit when my two random 12 year old teammates cuss me out for running a sim offense :-p
Old 05-31-2017, 12:23 PM   #19
Pro

Clappington's Arena

I would like to know is your regular MUT team going to be the same team you can use in MUT Squad?
I'm not really an Ultimate team player but I will play MUT Squad so just curious.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:24 PM   #20
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
I would like to know is your regular MUT team going to be the same team you can use in MUT Squad?
I'm not really an Ultimate team player but I will play MUT Squad so just curious.
Yes. If you are the offensive captain, your offensive lineup goes in. If you are the defensive captain, your defensive lineup goes in.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 05-31-2017, 12:29 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Imo i don't think co-op works for football but i really don't think this is going to be very successful at all in mut. Better chance at succes if it was in cfm or play now or implemented like EASHL. I could be wrong so we'll see.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 12:36 PM   #22
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Don't care at all about this. Hopefully they aren't spending all their time on card games.
Just wanting a good Franchise mode for a change (similar to MyLeague in NBA 2K). Hopefully we get news about it soon, so I know whether this game is a buy or wait another year...
Old 05-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #23
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Yes. If you are the offensive captain, your offensive lineup goes in. If you are the defensive captain, your defensive lineup goes in.
Didn't know if there was a difference like if you had a 1v1 MUT team and a MUT Squad team. I think the MUT squad packs is what threw me off.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:39 PM   #24
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I liked it quite a bit back on PS3. Excited to see this in action.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »