Home

Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2017, 02:23 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
This makes sense when you start thinking about Esport teams. When you can bring in multiple personalities it adds another dynamic to the viewing experience. Also, Weak links in teams can be exposed creating a better strategical game.
I almost vomited in my mouth at the thought of hearing 6 wankers smack talking each other all at once. 2 is bad enough....blah....blah...blah....
Old 05-31-2017, 02:25 PM   #34
MVP

Re: Madden 18's MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Idk, in nba users can control all the players on the court. I dont think team play works that well in football games because it's not as fun. In Madden they should have upped the number of users to 5 on 5, the more users the better.
Jake said they started with 3 because it just felt like the right number, but it can go up if thats what the community wants.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:19 PM   #35
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
It's a brilliant move on their part, to be honest. It's just another step further away from simulation football and franchise, but I cant say that I wouldn't do the same thing if I were in their shoes. At the end of the day, its all about money and that's the only reason these games are even made in the first place.
Other sports games like NBA 2K and The Show don't back burner Franchise mode and authentic game-play for competitive play. Those franchises put tremendous effort into satisfying both crowds. I don't see why Madden can't do the same.

Last edited by Americas Team; 05-31-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 03:24 PM   #36
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
Other sports games like NBA 2K and The Show don't sacrifice Franchise mode and authentic game-play for competitive play. Those franchises put tremendous effort into satisfying both crowds.
I would say that franchise has definitely taken a back seat to Diamond Dynasty in MLB....IMO

Old 05-31-2017, 03:31 PM   #37
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
It's a brilliant move on their part, to be honest. It's just another step further away from simulation football and franchise, but I cant say that I wouldn't do the same thing if I were in their shoes. At the end of the day, its all about money and that's the only reason these games are even made in the first place.
Hate to be negative but it seems like that's just where the majority is at this point. They're all kinds of ways they could've brought co-op play to Franchise.

Just think if you have up to 9 roles you can play in an organization:

Owner- Makes all decisions about relocation, stadium, hiring and firing football staff, heavily influences Football Ops.

Director of Football Operations- Controls football operations, hires and fires staff and coaches, influences public relations, influences scouting, trainer, and GM

General Manager- Signs and trades players, influences scouting and drafting.

Director of Scouting and Development- Drafts and scouts players, influences coach and trainer on development

Head Coach

Defensive Coordinator

Offensive Coordinator

Offensive Captain

Defensive Captain

With all these roles influencing one another and trying to all win a championship. Would be a great mode for both casuals who just want to be players and forget the management roles or hardcore guys who want to control everything.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 05-31-2017, 04:08 PM   #38
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Hate to be negative but it seems like that's just where the majority is at this point. They're all kinds of ways they could've brought co-op play to Franchise.

Just think if you have up to 9 roles you can play in an organization:

Owner- Makes all decisions about relocation, stadium, hiring and firing football staff, heavily influences Football Ops.

Director of Football Operations- Controls football operations, hires and fires staff and coaches, influences public relations, influences scouting, trainer, and GM

General Manager- Signs and trades players, influences scouting and drafting.

Director of Scouting and Development- Drafts and scouts players, influences coach and trainer on development

Head Coach

Defensive Coordinator

Offensive Coordinator

Offensive Captain

Defensive Captain

With all these roles influencing one another and trying to all win a championship. Would be a great mode for both casuals who just want to be players and forget the management roles or hardcore guys who want to control everything.
Understand and think it would be great, but that doesn't really equal extra $. They tie it in with MUT and it provides another extra revenue stream that builds on an already very profitable mode.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 05-31-2017, 04:15 PM   #39
MVP

I would give MUT a try if players actually had signature animation packages. I've never understood the intrigue with MUT being that all players basically animate the same. For example, you can't tell the difference between a 99 overall Barry Sanders and a 99 overall Walter Payton except for their physical appearance, even though IRL their running styles were totally different smh. Until Madden is able to differentiate how players animate (especially sig running animations for RB's) I'm good on MUT.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:57 PM   #40
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
I would give MUT a try if players actually had signature animation packages. I've never understood the intrigue with MUT being that all players basically animate the same. For example, you can't tell the difference between a 99 overall Barry Sanders and a 99 overall Walter Payton except for their physical appearance, even though IRL their running styles were totally different smh. Until Madden is able to differentiate how players animate (especially sig running animations for RB's) I'm good on MUT.
I would argue that most people playing the mode don't care about signature animations or stylistically differentiating players in any way. They just want the 99 speed, juke, truck, hit power, etc, because it's really about them, the User, not the real life player that they are controlling.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »